UK Covid death toll
(10-20-2020, 11:59 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 11:52 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: It’s clearly not just a seasonal flu. How many young(ish) healthy people suffer from long flu? Don’t at this point play semantics. I also don’t recall any of my friends and associates getting the flu and ending up on a ventilator or dying which has happened. Those talking about sensationalising the problem seem to think they are the voices of reason which is clearly open to debate.

How many people suffer from long Covid? Genuine question, I’m yet to see any stats on it.

Long Covid 

I’m sure these figures will be debunked by an obscure study from the University of Life with accompanying YouTube video. Wink
(10-20-2020, 12:40 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 11:59 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 11:52 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: It’s clearly not just a seasonal flu. How many young(ish) healthy people suffer from long flu? Don’t at this point play semantics. I also don’t recall any of my friends and associates getting the flu and ending up on a ventilator or dying which has happened. Those talking about sensationalising the problem seem to think they are the voices of reason which is clearly open to debate.

How many people suffer from long Covid? Genuine question, I’m yet to see any stats on it.

Long Covid 

I’m sure these figures will be debunked by an obscure study from the University of Life with accompanying YouTube video. Wink

I don't doubt that there will people who suffer over a longer term but what I'm struggling to understand is why Covid is different to any influenza. My wife had swine flu for 12 weeks. I didn't ask the people of my community to stay in whilst she recovered.

Also the article insinuates a lack of medical treatment. No doubt those people who had symptoms during Apr-June and didn't go to hospital have actually been adversely affected.
My brother in law was pretty ill with it and still isn't right with it......... Still getting out of breath and is constantly tired and he is only 56 no medical issues.
Hope he gets better LIQ, it sounds like a right fucker when it gets hold and we're hearing more about this now. Like billy says it would be useful to know how widespread it is
It's easy for people to say just shield the elderly what kind of life is that to live... Put them in the corner and wait for them to die....... Nobody knows what the answer Is but its got to be better than the lives we are living at the moment.
My wife is normally a positive person but she is really down in the dumps with her working at home and not having contact with anyone apart from me....... Well thats the problem then lol

Stay safe and look after you're families it's going to be a long depressing winter ahead if we keep looking at the news.
(10-20-2020, 02:28 PM)The liquidator Wrote: It's easy for people to say just shield the elderly what kind of life is that to live... Put them in the corner and wait for them to die....... Nobody knows what the answer Is but its got to be better than the lives we are living at the moment.
My wife is normally a positive person but she is really down in the dumps with her working at home and not having contact with anyone apart from me....... Well thats the problem then lol

Stay safe and look after you're families it's going to be a long depressing winter ahead if we keep looking at the news.
Big Grin 

Likewise buddy
(10-20-2020, 02:30 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 02:28 PM)The liquidator Wrote: It's easy for people to say just shield the elderly what kind of life is that to live... Put them in the corner and wait for them to die....... Nobody knows what the answer Is but its got to be better than the lives we are living at the moment.

Big Grin 

Likewise buddy

I try not to.  Definitely don't do it before going to bed - it really doesn't help at the time. A quick glance at 6 o'clock and even then I try to give it a swerve. I quite understand and sympathise Liq - with her of course, must be hellish just seeing you every day.
Big Grin
241 deaths today, remember when Whitty and Ballance were ridiculed for predicting 250 per day by mid-November.
That was on the basis of 50000 cases a day. So their models were nonsense from both sides.

We are running at a very similar death rate to last year. Some days this month we have had fewer deaths per day than 2019.

Influenza deaths have disappeared. Respiratory admissions to hospital - non covid - have fallen through the floor.

If you count seasonal influenza deaths in the covid total - because the PCR test is so massively flawed - then be prepared to welcome with open arms a lockdown that will run until next Spring.

Seems like there's plenty on here who would welcome it. If lockdown were a drug would you take it knowing all the side affects, It's not a question of health v economy it's health vs health.
I do wonder whether we are being led down the path to lockdown by those it least affects, another lockdown will do more harm than good imvho, and I sense that a lot of people are getting near to breaking point - never thought I'd say this but I feel sorry for the Welsh.