Tonight’s fillum
(05-05-2020, 08:43 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: The green book, been on my list for a while but only got round to it tonight. Very good, would recommend.

Pleased to hear you enjoyed it Midge.  I did watch it for a second time this week and I’d be happy to watch it again in the future.
(05-03-2020, 09:10 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: Watched Ocean's Eleven the other night. I enjoyed it more than the first time I watched it some years ago. Last night it was The Untouchables, still a cracking film for me. Tonight will probably be The King's Speech after the news. I enjoyed the King's Speech the last time it was on. I also really enjoyed Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and I don't care.......

We watched Ocean’s eleven earlier in the week as the Mrs hadn’t seen it, it was better than I’d remembered. The sequel however, was worse.
In the form of his life.
(05-05-2020, 11:15 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 09:45 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: Once upon a time in Hollywood.  Third viewing. I know it gets a panning on here, but I love that film.

Just this second finished watching it for the first time. I'm a massive Tarrantino fan but Holy shit, even by his standards that was utter bat shit crazy!!

2 hours of build up for one 10 minute blood bath. Admittedly an hilarious 10 minutes of pure Tarrantino but I just didn't get it really. 

Don't really know what to make of it other than say its not his finest work.
Ha! I said it divides opinion. Funnily enough, I'm not a massive Tarantino fan and find him hit or miss. Maybe that's the thing?
Dangerous lies.not a bad filum.netflix
(05-05-2020, 11:15 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 09:45 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: Once upon a time in Hollywood.  Third viewing. I know it gets a panning on here, but I love that film.

Just this second finished watching it for the first time. I'm a massive Tarrantino fan but Holy shit, even by his standards that was utter bat shit crazy!!

2 hours of build up for one 10 minute blood bath. Admittedly an hilarious 10 minutes of pure Tarrantino but I just didn't get it really. 

Don't really know what to make of it other than say its not his finest work.

I maintain that it’s a self-indulgent, boring mess. And I love Tarantino.
(05-03-2020, 09:45 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: Once upon a time in Hollywood.  Third viewing. I know it gets a panning on here, but I love that film.

I watched that a couple of days ago and all I can say is “How the fuck d he manage to write and direct pulp fiction?”  What a crock of boring shite he has produced since.