100, 000 daily tests
Video 
Surprised not to see a post on here congratulating the hitting of this target. Or do we only do criticism?
Testing

It’s going in the right direction and very creditable achievement given the placidity of capacity to test barely a month ago but why the constant need to treat people as kids and spin things?
(05-01-2020, 05:54 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Testing

It’s going in the right direction and very creditable achievement given the placidity of capacity to test barely a month ago but why the constant need to treat people as kids and spin things?

Politicians unfortunately DH.
Changing the measure of what counts for testing on the 29th of April to include tests that haven't been carried out yet probably helps...

The DHSC statistics show that 73,000 people were tested yesterday.

Don't personally care either way, 100,000 was an arbitrary target for publicity purposes. All I care about regarding tests is that the people who need to be tested are tested which has been the case since the middle of month.
I think it’s a great achievement to get that many tests out. I personally would have been happy with the 75k figure of tests completed rather than including those just posted out. They’ve made it difficult to avoid double counting those tests when they go through the lab. But as we know it’s all about the headline and not the substantive amount.

Like I say great achievement to get to over 75k for a standing start
3 months too late

Because there are people like Piers Morgan who relentlessly and unfairly attack, cheered-on by people like your good self. 

(05-01-2020, 07:22 PM)Sunshine Wrote: 3 months too late

Really? So, say you were tested in February and you were negative. So what? Are you then suddenly immune?

There is also a view (which I don't subscribe to, necessarily) that all preventive measures are largely pointless. https://www.dailywire.com/news/israeli-s...ency-chair
(05-01-2020, 06:03 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Politicians unfortunately DH.

If there is one thing this cabinet is great at it’s been economical with the truth.
Name one MP who isnt ?
It's a massive improvement and hats off to non governmental people busting their arses to meet a government spinning number.

But 120k is a lie. They posted 40k tests. A test posted is not a test done.

That's what I hate about this govt. Can't help lie even when people really don't care as long as the number is growing to a really good pace. Feel sorry as I said above for those professionals working really hard.