Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulis is infuriating but
as I said last week we need to give him until the Palace game to sort this mess out. 

Today may turn out to be significant in the goal difference department as City will hit most lower teams for 4,5,6.
So you want to give him time to sort out the mess he created and continues to contribute to by playing 3 holding midfielders or taking off the big man and 10 mine later changing to 2 wingers
Soon we’ll be in the bottom three, then we’ll need to get him in to save us.
City game was never a game to judge him on, although it would be nice to get a positive result against them at sometime at home.

Still a bit worrying conceding 3 with such a defensive line up, but didn't watch the game so I'll leave others to judge the overall play.
(10-28-2017, 04:02 PM)tiptontown Wrote: City game was never a game to judge him on, although it would be nice to get a positive result against them at sometime at home.

Still a bit worrying conceding 3 with such a defensive line up, but didn't watch the game so I'll leave others to judge the overall play.

Without Foster would have been 7 or 8. Score flatters us but we worked hard and against the team that will walk this league that is a helpful result in terms of goal diff.
(10-28-2017, 03:56 PM)Hopalong Wrote: as I said last week we need to give him until the Palace game to sort this mess out. 

Today may turn out to be significant in the goal difference department as City will hit most lower teams for 4,5,6.

But alas we now know he's incapable of real change!
Kept hoping but it won't happen with him.
(10-28-2017, 03:59 PM)baggy1 Wrote: So you want to give him time to sort out the mess he created and continues to contribute to by playing 3 holding midfielders or taking off the big man and 10 mine later changing to 2 wingers

I hate the way he plays but it's a big call to sack him. 

We have dropped 6 points due to very poor defending and we were unlucky at Arsenal.  We should be top 6.  

His position should be under continuous review but in my view the first check-point should be after the Palace game.  If we get back to 10th then it would be madness to get rid,  even though I won't be watching that shite anytime soon.

(10-28-2017, 04:02 PM)tiptontown Wrote: City game was never a game to judge him on, although it would be nice to get a positive result against them at sometime at home.

They could and probably should have scored 6/7.  Their individual players are so much better than ours.  Sounds like they were a little complacent today. 

If only Rondon had scored with that decent headed chance.
(10-28-2017, 05:05 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 03:59 PM)baggy1 Wrote: So you want to give him time to sort out the mess he created and continues to contribute to by playing 3 holding midfielders or taking off the big man and 10 mine later changing to 2 wingers

I hate the way he plays but it's a big call to sack him. 

We have dropped 6 points due to very poor defending and we were unlucky at Arsenal.  We should be top 6.  

His position should be under continuous review but in my view the first check-point should be after the Palace game.  If we get back to 10th then it would be madness to get rid,  even though I won't be watching that shite anytime soon.

They could and probably should have scored 6/7.  There individual players are so much better than ours.  Sounds like they were a little complacent today. 

If only Rondon had scored with that decent headed chance.

What decent headed chance? The one behind him that he did well to get round? His position is under constant review by those of us that pay to go and see players naturally think defensively now rather than attack. The best example of this was Nyom in the 2nd half should have played a simple forward ball from right back to put us on the attack (I can't remember who it was to) but his natural instinct was to turn and play it across the back.

Explain to me the substitution of Rondon as well - he played a good game and is our target man, only for 10 minutes later change our formation with Phillips on the pitch and two wingers and no target man. That's simply bad in game management.

The players don't want him, 90 odd % of the fans don't any more, we have the players to have good go, we just need a manager that can do that.
(10-28-2017, 04:04 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:

Without Foster would have been 7 or 8. Score flatters us but we worked hard and against the team that will walk this league that is a helpful result in terms of goal diff.

They only had 5 attempts on target so I would love to have seen them get 8......
(10-28-2017, 07:07 PM)Baggiemad Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 04:04 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:

They only had 5 attempts on target so I would love to have seen them get 8......

Their shooting etc. Silva's header was wayward today......15 attempts