BBC Panorama
I cannot believe that dim people think the BBC is pro-Tory and pro-Brexit.

Oh, by the way, Paul Nurse who was on Question Time last night is a vehement Labour supporter https://www.scientistsforlabour.org.uk/about-sfl and an expert who appeared on Newsnight, Professor Scally, is a Labour donor.

The BBC is breaching its own Editorial Code by not making clear the background of contributors https://www.bbc.com/editorialguidelines/...filiations

But, yeah, you carry on telling us how the BBC is pro-Tory and Leave.
(05-01-2020, 07:27 PM)Neil Parsley Wrote: I cannot believe that dim people think the BBC is pro-Tory and pro-Brexit.

Oh, by the way, Paul Nurse who was on Question  Time last night is a vehement Labour supporter https://www.scientistsforlabour.org.uk/about-sfl and an expert who appeared on Newsnight, Professor Scally, is a Labour donor.

The BBC is breaching its own Editorial Code by not making clear the background of contributors https://www.bbc.com/editorialguidelines/...filiations

But, yeah, you carry on telling us how the BBC is pro-Tory and Leave.

People on the other side of the political spectrum might point out that

Andrew Neil one of the BBC's mainstays of their political output is the editor of the right wing Spectator
Nick Robinson political correspondent was heavily involved in conservative student piolitics,.
And they may also point out that the apparent left wing bias at the beeb hasn't stopped the Conservative Party from poaching their employess e.g Gutto Harri.

And as for Panorama there is many a Labour left winger who believe their expose of the parties investigation of anti Semitism within the party, was partial and far from even handed.

It is perhaps an indication of the impartiality of the beeb that they attract criticism of bias from both the left and the right.

Too many people in this country believe that unless the BBC absolutely reflect their opinion down to the last dotted I, it is evidence of impartiality.
Laura Kuenssberg (spelling) wants a word!
(05-01-2020, 08:15 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Laura Kuenssberg (spelling) wants a word!

Does she why ?

Kuensberg made an error regarding Corbyn early in his leadership which meant she became something of a target for his supporters, but I don't think there is any question of bias.
(05-02-2020, 07:49 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 08:15 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Laura Kuenssberg (spelling) wants a word!

Does she why ?

Kuensberg made an error regarding Corbyn early in his leadership which meant she became something of a target for his supporters, but I don't think there is any question of bias.

When she starts acting like a proper journalist that doesn’t simply parrot what ‘sources close to the government / Johnson pre election say as fact, rather than check out what the actually are and question / give balance to her reporting then I will change my opinion of her. She’s become a client journalist and her reporting at the last election was appalling. She attracts criticism some way ott but there justifiable reasons she’s not trusted by many.
(04-29-2020, 09:04 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 09:29 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Panorama interviewed six Labour Party activists without informing the audience of the political background of a single participant. In contravention of the BBC’s own Editorial Guidelines which state under ‘Contributors’ Affiliations’ that ”Appropriate information about their affiliations, funding and particular viewpoints should be made available to the audience, when relevant to the context.”

Hi Guido.

Any comment on the substance of the post, or just on the source?
(05-02-2020, 08:49 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 07:49 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

Does she why ?

When she starts acting like a proper journalist that doesn’t simply parrot what ‘sources close to the government / Johnson pre election say as fact, rather than check out what the actually are and question / give balance to her reporting then I will change my opinion of her. She’s become a client journalist and her reporting at the last election was appalling. She attracts criticism some way ott but there justifiable reasons she’s not trusted by many.

I have my doubts about Kuensberg's competence. She appears some time too eager to be the first to reveal information without checking it out. 
I don't think you can blame her for cultivating close ties to senior politicians, it's how political correspondents work, that her ties to the previous labour leader were less well cultivated, may some more about him than her.
It will be interesting to see how she works with Starmer and his team.
An opinion from Tipton  - love the Gary Linekar bit