BBC Panorama
(04-28-2020, 06:54 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 06:52 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 06:01 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Just seen a read a piece on twitter that the people who was making the aquasations are labour activists blow me down with a feather.

Do their political leanings delegitimise their complaints?

It certainly waters them down for Liq apparently

With all the rain we have had today - he must have water on the brain
(04-28-2020, 06:01 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Just seen a read a piece on twitter that the people who was making the aquasations are labour activists blow me down with a feather.

You don't even bother listening to the BBC, but you believe something you read on Twitter?
It was a political debate with andrew neil who I do trust is that ok ?

(04-28-2020, 07:15 PM)Baggybenny Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 06:54 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 06:52 PM)WWHO Wrote:

Do their political leanings delegitimise their complaints?

It certainly waters them down for Liq apparently

With all the rain we have had today - he must have water on the brain

Do you find that comment remotely funny ?
(04-28-2020, 02:22 PM)Protheroe Wrote: This hindsight game is just great isn't it?

BBC January 2078 - "The government should've prepared for that meteor strike on Tipton by building a big iron roof over Ocker Hill."

Not sure that's a reasonable comparison.

Pandemics, are and have been for some time at the top of the Govt's risks to national security. So you might expect some degree of preparation for them. Now I didn't watch the programme and I am not an expert in pandemics, so I don't know the ins and outs of this, so the Govt may have made preparations that were reasonable. But they should have been prepared.

It might be that in January 2078 the Govt will have been aware of a meteor strike, the precise time and location, and will be expected to make preparations based on that - but here in 2020 it is impossible for us to know that.
I see Putin's not short of PPE.      Rolleyes

But he does admit they have a shortage for front line staff.

[Image: _111419324_mediaitem111419323.jpg]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52461431

(04-28-2020, 10:05 PM)The liquidator Wrote: It was a political  debate with andrew neil who I do trust is that ok ?

I might take a kook at that; which channel was it on?
It was an article in the papers and he was discussing it on twitter .......I like Andrew neil pretty fair interviewer.
(04-29-2020, 08:57 AM)The liquidator Wrote: It was an article in the papers and he was discussing it on twitter .......I like Andrew neil pretty fair interviewer.

Here you go Liq, just to reassure you that the scrupulously fair minded and non political Sun and Mail will continue to report the truth... 

Funding?

(04-29-2020, 09:29 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Panorama interviewed six Labour Party activists without informing the audience of the political background of a single participant. In contravention of the BBC’s own Editorial Guidelines which state under ‘Contributors’ Affiliations’ that ”Appropriate information about their affiliations, funding and particular viewpoints should be made available to the audience, when relevant to the context.”

Hi Guido.
Panorama interviewed six Labour Party activists without informing the audience of the political background of a single participant. In contravention of the BBC’s own Editorial Guidelines which state under ‘Contributors’ Affiliations’ that ”Appropriate information about their affiliations, funding and particular viewpoints should be made available to the audience, when relevant to the context.”
The BBC evening news is like a commercial for Number Ten.

[Image: EWrHeW4WoAA8huc?format=jpg&name=medium]