National League season "finished"
It's time for league 1 and 2 to be reginalised they are all struggling so no hotels etc would be a blessing .
IMVHO, for us two things could be considered:

1. If there's no timetable towards resuming the season by mid-May it will be increasingly difficult to justify playing out the season under any circumstances, especially as we approach the beyond contract period (June 30). As other have written the options (and legal perils) of finishing the league on an as-now, p-p-g, or void-the-season basis are huge.

2. I've no idea how long our finances can stand suspended animation, but would hope that the leagues as a whole considered redistributing cash away from the top of the pyramid. Many clubs are suffering from a hit in the Cheops by COVID.
(04-22-2020, 02:49 PM)Duffers Wrote: The legal fallout and wrangling in the event of voiding would carry on for years, will be interesting to see how they untangle all of this.

True. The only way they can limit the amount of legal cases against them is to keep as many people happy as possible so I can see promotions but no relegations for the teams currently holding those position's.

You will have more teams in leagues next season but they will revert back the season after by having 5/6 relegated instead of 3.

The teams in play off places can argue the toss that they could have gone up but proving it would be another thing.
(04-23-2020, 06:35 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 02:49 PM)Duffers Wrote: The legal fallout and wrangling in the event of voiding would carry on for years, will be interesting to see how they untangle all of this.

True. The only way they can limit the amount of legal cases against them is to keep as many people happy as possible so I can see promotions but no relegations for the teams currently holding those position's.

You will have more teams in leagues next season but they will revert back the season after by having 5/6 relegated instead of 3.

The teams in play off places can argue the toss that they could have gone up but proving it would be another thing.

All change as I've said many many times already.
You cannot decide on formats until you have an idea how many clubs are still solvent?
Even the rich boys will be questioning any further investment if ROI is slashed.
Great opportunity to change everything and spread the cash out fairly though.
I bet young Ferguson wishes he signed his extension with us rather than potentially being on the dole come July.
(04-23-2020, 03:18 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I bet young Ferguson wishes he signed his extension with us rather than potentially being on the dole come July.

The lord sure does work in mysterious ways as Cliff used to say.
Publically dump him and humiliate him in a clear message to the others who are refusing to sign new contracts.
IIRC Mr Tulloch and Edwards are in the same boat.
They won’t have a problem going to other clubs. Other clubs in Championship or league 1 and2 will ditch players to bring any of those three in. The only thing they will possibly lose is less wages than they were offered here.
(04-23-2020, 03:35 PM)wba13 Wrote: They won’t have a problem going to other clubs. Other clubs in Championship or  league 1 and2 will ditch players to bring any of those three in. The only thing they will possibly lose is less wages than they were offered here.

I'm not sure any club will be signing anyone atm. 
They couldn't afford the signing on fee or the agents costs let alone the wages.
We need not fret, hundreds of players will be looking for any club to sign them.
Bargains galore. 
They days of wads of cash being thrown around are over.
Am I alone in thinking the biggest problem is regarding the going ahead of next season? After all, this season has only halted 5 or 6 weeks early and all clubs are used to the summer shutdown anyway. The real issue is no one can have any idea at all when we can resume. If we knew for certain we'd be kicking off, with or without spectators by - let's just say- September, then plans could be made. There's nothing worse for businesses of any kind, than uncertainty, and this situation is new to everyone.