The Next Door Neighbours
Weren’t that long ago .. Wink
(05-24-2020, 10:23 PM)SussexBaggie Wrote: Weren’t that long ago .. Wink

Black and white tv   Big Grin

Might be Alsn Cork. Not asking you to name.
Nope - colour tv by then
To be fair, you got the right FA Cup Final so take a bow!
(05-24-2020, 10:40 PM)SussexBaggie Wrote: To be fair, you got the right FA Cup Final so take a bow!

Gotcha. 

Laurie Cunningham replaced Vinnie Jones in the final. Does your neighbour have any memories of the great man?

Shame the final isnt better remembered. Great romance of the cup. Underdog wins, keeper saves pen. Everything the cup final should be.
I stood behind Vinnie Jones in a queue for a Bangkok to London flight that was delayed then delayed then delayed again.

Fair to say, he got tetchy.
I live opposite a railway station and last Tuesday those nice travelling people turned up.
From the off I got the police, local councilor, council travelers liaison officer involved, all who reported back what a nice bunch they were and that they weren't doing any damage.
They departed yesterday, the damage to the infrastructure, dumping off rubbish will cost thousands to put right.

It's a good job I don't have a gun as I wouldn't have enough bullets.
(05-25-2020, 07:47 AM)garyowensneck Wrote: I live opposite a railway station and last Tuesday those nice travelling people turned up.
From the off I got the police, local councilor, council travelers liaison officer involved, all who reported back what a nice bunch they were and that they weren't doing any damage.
They departed yesterday, the damage to the infrastructure, dumping off rubbish will cost thousands to put right.

I bet they didnt social distance either.
(05-25-2020, 07:53 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 07:47 AM)garyowensneck Wrote: I live opposite a railway station and last Tuesday those nice travelling people turned up.

I bet they didnt social distance either.

I walked past a cemetery recently where there were loads of cars and vans etc and it was apparently for a travellers funeral. Now I can sympathise for the bereavement of a loved one but apparently someone reckoned there were around 100 people in attendance.  Meanwhile the rest of us are restricted to the number of people who can attend a funeral.
They're hosting a barbie today.

Gazebo up, and chairs laid out for all of the guests.

So glad we're out of lockdown.