Back to our own issues and maybe a lesson learnt
(04-08-2019, 05:09 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 03:59 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 03:53 PM)Sandking Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 03:14 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 01:30 PM)billybassett Wrote: I presume this is a wind up.

As much as I want to lord it over Wolves (and burn Villa and all it's little goblins to the ground) they got to an FA Cup semi final and have had an excellent season and play decent football.

The lesson I learn from that is that I wish we were currently as unlucky as that and would gratefully eat that meal of humble pie.

There really should be some form of IQ test before getting access to this bored
I think you should rename yourself Bertie Bassett as you're talking all sorts of rubbish.
Football is constantly in a state of flux and it's taken Wolves almost 20 years of being in the shadow of us, despite us having less resources, to have their noses in front at the minute.
Clearly, you haven't the awareness or emotional intelligence to hear what's been happening these past few months. Yes, they have a very good side, but they've been talking themselves up about Champions Leagues etc, winning the FA Cup blah, blah, blah. 
The fact they've been rubbish for years has failed to give some of them dignity or awareness of their place in the football pyramid. It's as if they've gone straight from the 1950s to now having forgotten the Bhattis, the Golden Tit underachievement, Clipboard Connor and Dean Saunders overseeing some crushing lows.
Yes, we can't help they are better than us at the minute, but if you don't think the history of the past couple of decades and more means we can handle this, then you're a bit of a sad and hopeless case and severely lacking grey matter. By the way this is a board. Bored is what people are listening to you.

Marvellous! - 
2 seasons of decent piss and wind, and yesterday they had their wings clipped in tremendous fashion ( I know to some of us on here that in itself was worth a king's ransom )
They are equally as deluded as the Seal cunts and always have been, it's just been bubbling underneath the surface and festering for a lot longer.

I`ve read on the mix serious debates about 55,000 and 60k stadiums - The possibility of signings like Aguero and Ronaldo.
Usually responded to with an " All in good time, me old son " 20-page circle jerk thread.

Even yesterday will and has failed to dampen their, our journey has only just begun spirit ( The 2-year default position )
There are football dreams as supporters we all indulge in, then there are downright delusions of grandeur.

Until I see them in the Champions League final giving Madrid or Barca a tattering....then Fuck em` and there so called journey.
You will be more likely to find them playing Bury in front of 2,500...……….AGAIN!

I think that's very much wishful thinking mate - Fosun do appear to be the real thing and have plans across the board - team and infrastructure. 

We appear to have neither - game to game - as Shan has said.  Hand to mouth. 

Hopefully someone somewhere at the Albion has a master-plan but I think that's even more wishful thinking.

Fosun need to have a cash flow problem, Mendes will drop them and the Dingles will fall apart, back into the gutter they came from. It cannot last forever unless Fosun throw £150M a year, every year at it's vanity project. We just need to be patient.
It won't be too long before the owners get their 'spit at Sir Jack' at the Moulinex or 'abuse Moneybags Morgan' at Preston moments. These ungrateful actions from the great unwashed take the shine off. It's taken 3 golden tits to get them above us. Fuck 'em.
(04-08-2019, 06:00 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 03:14 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote: I think you should rename yourself Bertie Bassett as you're talking all sorts of rubbish.
Football is constantly in a state of flux and it's taken Wolves almost 20 years of being in the shadow of us, despite us having less resources, to have their noses in front at the minute.
Clearly, you haven't the awareness or emotional intelligence to hear what's been happening these past few months. Yes, they have a very good side, but they've been talking themselves up about Champions Leagues etc, winning the FA Cup blah, blah, blah. 
The fact they've been rubbish for years has failed to give some of them dignity or awareness of their place in the football pyramid. It's as if they've gone straight from the 1950s to now having forgotten the Bhattis, the Golden Tit underachievement, Clipboard Connor and Dean Saunders overseeing some crushing lows.
Yes, we can't help they are better than us at the minute, but if you don't think the history of the past couple of decades and more means we can handle this, then you're a bit of a sad and hopeless case and severely lacking grey matter. By the way this is a board. Bored is what people are listening to you.

Marvellous! - 
2 seasons of decent piss and wind, and yesterday they had their wings clipped in tremendous fashion ( I know to some of us on here that in itself was worth a king's ransom )
They are equally as deluded as the Seal cunts and always have been, it's just been bubbling underneath the surface and festering for a lot longer.

I`ve read on the mix serious debates about 55,000 and 60k stadiums - The possibility of signings like Aguero and Ronaldo.
Usually responded to with an " All in good time, me old son " 20-page circle jerk thread.

Even yesterday will and has failed to dampen their, our journey has only just begun spirit ( The 2-year default position )
There are football dreams as supporters we all indulge in, then there are downright delusions of grandeur.

Until I see them in the Champions League final giving Madrid or Barca a tattering....then Fuck em` and there so called journey.
You will be more likely to find them playing Bury in front of 2,500...……….AGAIN!

I think that's very much wishful thinking mate - Fosun do appear to be the real thing and have plans across the board - team and infrastructure. 

Hopefully someone somewhere at the Albion has a master-plan but I think that's even more wishful thinking.

Fosun need to have a cash flow problem, Mendes will drop them and the Dingles will fall apart, back into the gutter they came from. It cannot last forever unless Fosun throw £150M a year, every year at it's vanity project. We just need to be patient.

I really don't give a toss about the Wolves and what they're doing, only concerned that we don't appear to have any kind of vision, strategy or plans for the future.  Could be wrong but there's sum-ting of a vacuum at the moment.  It really is pathetic.
(04-08-2019, 06:17 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 03:53 PM)Sandking Wrote: Marvellous! - 

I really don't give a toss about the Wolves and what they're doing, only concerned that we don't appear to have any kind of vision, strategy or plans for the future.  Could be wrong but there's sum-ting of a vacuum at the moment.  It really is pathetic.

There's an awful lot of long term fans who are close to losing the faith.
We're cutting our cloth accordingly. At the moment we're in the second tier so won't be shopping for suits down Saville Row. We only spend our level of big time when we're in the big time. Spend what you earn is our mandate. Don't shout about parachute payments because they will have been accounted for to pay wages that are owed out on contracts. Like it or not that's what we are. Under this way of operating we'll never be Man City but also will never be Bolton. There'll always be an Albion!!!

And you can stamp your feet and piss your pants as much as you like. It won't change owt
(04-08-2019, 03:14 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote: I think you should rename yourself Bertie Bassett as you're talking all sorts of rubbish.

Marvellous! - 

I really don't give a toss about the Wolves and what they're doing, I'm only concerned that we don't appear to have any kind of vision, strategy or plans for the future.  Could be wrong but there's sum-ting of a vacuum at the moment.  It really is pathetic.
(04-08-2019, 03:14 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 01:30 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 12:59 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote: There can be terrible over reactions like the one on Saturday, but the way Wolves came crashing down should be a lesson to deal with life as it is at that time.
Wolves bigged themselves up so much this year that the humble pie they now have to consume is a giant portion- they've won nothing and if they're lucky might be 7th
. Meanwhile we needn't talk about the 1990s revisited again just because we lost at Millwall, after 3 wins, and now are heading in all likelihood to the play-offs as automatic is as good as gone.
Sometimes outsiders see the truth easier than us, and to the outside world we are a team that had several seasons at the top, got relegated, but now look in with a chance of promotion through the play-offs, which we are.
This division is tough, we would have taken top six at the start of the season and we look nailed on for 4th or possibly 5th, if Villa carry on as they are. It would mean we face them in the play-offs, and I can't say I relish it if this is the case, but what the state of play is now compared to a month in the future can be huge. Just ask Villa fans.
I refuse to get too drawn into the politics at board level until I see how this season pans out. I think a few more should stay calm and, in the old words, take one game at a time.

I presume this is a wind up.

As much as I want to lord it over Wolves (and burn Villa and all it's little goblins to the ground) they got to an FA Cup semi final and have had an excellent season and play decent football.

The lesson I learn from that is that I wish we were currently as unlucky as that and would gratefully eat that meal of humble pie.

There really should be some form of IQ test before getting access to this bored
I think you should rename yourself Bertie Bassett as you're talking all sorts of rubbish.

Marvellous! - 

There was 50,000 there that night. At least that's a s many as I've heard claim "I was there".
(04-08-2019, 06:28 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: We're cutting our cloth accordingly. At the moment we're in the second tier so won't be shopping for suits down Saville Row. We only spend our level of big time when we're in the big time. Spend what you earn is our mandate. Don't shout about parachute payments because they will have been accounted for to pay wages that are owed out on contracts. Like it or not that's what we are. Under this way of operating we'll never be Man City but also will never be Bolton. There'll always be an Albion!!!

And you can stamp your feet and piss your pants as much as you like. It won't change owt

Exactly. Some of our fans should have enjoyed themselves a little more over the last eight or so seasons as that’s about as good as it’s going to get league wise.
(04-08-2019, 08:41 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 06:28 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: We're cutting our cloth accordingly. At the moment we're in the second tier so won't be shopping for suits down Saville Row. We only spend our level of big time when we're in the big time. Spend what you earn is our mandate. Don't shout about parachute payments because they will have been accounted for to pay wages that are owed out on contracts. Like it or not that's what we are. Under this way of operating we'll never be Man City but also will never be Bolton. There'll always be an Albion!!!

Exactly. Some of our fans should have enjoyed themselves a little more over the last eight or so seasons as that’s about as good as it’s going to get league wise.
In the absence of a good sugar daddy we’ll always be a Prem makeweight. No imaginary next level unless something unimaginable happens, but think we’ll be competitive at second tier level until we can get back. If we miss out this season fully expect us to challenge next year.
(04-08-2019, 06:28 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: We're cutting our cloth accordingly. 

One for the bored lexicon thing Zzz