Villa accounts
They certainly seem to think there is. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.
Ffs someone give me some good news on this.
In the form of his life.
(03-02-2019, 10:05 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 09:49 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 09:26 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 09:24 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Fugg me. I'm not an accoutant but have I read this right? 32m loss (up 25m!)?!?!?

https://document-api-images-prod.s3.eu-w...713851561b

Far worse than that. That's without the Recon accounts.

I didn't understand the significance of that but over on H&V, someone has said "Once Recon accounts are released which contain our wage bill, this is going to get a whole lot worse. Wage bill could be anywhere between £40-50m by my estimates, so when you add that on to the £32m loss, 2017/18 is looking a disaster. I fear an embargo

The thing is, they've been chucking money at it this season too. There must be a cunning plan.
It is a £32.5M loss.

These are only published accounts, not the real deal, but you will notice "Administrative Expenses" of £96.8M, which is basically the wage bill, and runs at 150% of turnover.

Just wow. What a complete crock of shit. Even if you strip back to EBITDA, they have lost almost as much in a year as the FFP 3 year rolling loss allows. They have also spunked more money this year, on top of the wage bill.

If this isn't a total abuse of the P&S rules, then I don't know what is.

Another post on H&V: "Purslow and NSWE agreed a 3 year plan with the EFL due to these inherited losses. Coming in at £39m level would make it nigh on impossible to fix quickly. New 3 year rolling cycle a system far as I’m aware and plan in place "

Implication is they've re-set the clock due to getting new owners.
(03-02-2019, 10:26 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 09:24 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Fugg me. I'm not an accoutant but have I read this right? 32m loss (up 25m!)?!?!?

I didn't understand the significance of that but over on H&V, someone has said "Once Recon accounts are released which contain our wage bill, this is going to get a whole lot worse. Wage bill could be anywhere between £40-50m by my estimates, so when you add that on to the £32m loss, 2017/18 is looking a disaster. I fear an embargo

The thing is, they've been chucking money at it this season too. There must be a cunning plan.
It is a £32.5M loss.

These are only published accounts, not the real deal, but you will notice "Administrative Expenses" of £96.8M, which is basically the wage bill, and runs at 150% of turnover.

Just wow. What a complete crock of shit. Even if you strip back to EBITDA, they have lost almost as much in a year as the FFP 3 year rolling loss allows. They have also spunked more money this year, on top of the wage bill.

Another post on H&V: "Purslow and NSWE agreed a 3 year plan with the EFL due to these inherited losses. Coming in at £39m level would make it nigh on impossible to fix quickly. New 3 year rolling cycle a system far as I’m aware and plan in place "

That's outrageous if true. 

The EFL are a bunch of spineless twats

It is a £32.5M loss.

That would be an utter disgrace as they could keep on doing that with rich owners and get all the illegal benefits yet none of the punishment. If the authorities want to get real then they have to make crushing punishments like they eventually did with QPR.
(03-02-2019, 10:30 AM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 09:26 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Far worse than that. That's without the Recon accounts.

It is a £32.5M loss.

That's outrageous if true. 

The EFL are a bunch of spineless twats

Surely the EFL can't be so stupid. I said a while back that Purslow would definitely have friends in high places when It comes to The EFL and I feared something like this might happen.

If they let this happen though they are opening the door for total abuse of the system going forward.
Can't people within the same family just keep switching ownership between them to constantly reset FFP if true? Surely it can't be that simple?
Even if that somewhat unbelievable scenario is true, they'd have to operate at a profit now for the next 2 seasons.
(03-02-2019, 10:42 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Even if that somewhat unbelievable scenario is true, they'd have to operate at a profit now for the next 2 seasons.

I suspect if it is true, which surely it can't be, they'll keep doing as now in the hope that they go up before 2021 season starts
(03-02-2019, 10:45 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 10:42 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Even if that somewhat unbelievable scenario is true, they'd have to operate at a profit now for the next 2 seasons.

I suspect if it is true, which surely it can't be, they'll keep doing as now in the hope that they go up before 2021 season starts

The punishment follows you to the PL now.