Spurs Match Fred
(02-07-2021, 12:51 PM)Lillwall's left foot Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 12:48 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Put a shift in that half. Cant fault the effort/desire etc. Just need to keep hold of it when we can. The longer we keep them out the more desperate they'll get and that could present some breakaway chances.

Effort can't be questioned.  Just kack quality on the ball and ability to win physical battles

The physical element is what I find most confusing. Many of our players lose their battles on strength alone.
Fortunate that Spurs finishing has been pretty dire.

Of course if that continues... it gives us a chance. But, for the life of me, I can't see why any team would line up like we have. We're inviting the pressure, losing possession far too easily, and if Kane gets one chance, he'll dive for a penalty.

Come on Albion. Guts will only do so much. We've got to get forward faster and in more numbers to take some of the pressure off and give ourselves a chance.
(02-07-2021, 12:52 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Can't fault the effort of the players at all. Just the negative tactics. Play like that second half and we lose.

Correct.

Much like the second half at Sheff U, and the first half / last 15 against Fulham at 2-1 up.

All for defending for our lives, but aimless punts up field is asking for the inevitable.
(02-07-2021, 12:34 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Brandywell lives for this opportunity to moan his bollocks every match.

Oh he doesn’t restrict himself to just during matches...
In the form of his life.
(02-07-2021, 12:52 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 12:49 PM)wba13 Wrote: Very decent first half we have probably had the best chance from Diagne. As for you doom and gloom merchants you expect the likes of Kane and Son to get chances there world class players. We have defended bloody well let’s hope we keep it up.

Absolutely. Embarrassing comments

Bit harsh.  Blind optimism and real glass half full review.  Kinda like it.
It must be a cunning plan.
We have defended far better as a Unit.

That chance shows we can get at them.
We have a game plan, we have implemented it well.
Diagne chance was offside so good job it didn't go in. This place would have exploded.
(02-07-2021, 12:50 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 12:48 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Put a shift in that half. Cant fault the effort/desire etc. Just need to keep hold of it when we can. The longer we keep them out the more desperate they'll get and that could present some breakaway chances.

My thoughts exactly - The Rhubarb and Custards don't look too bad so far!

I was thinking more the Juicy Fruits