Where do we go from here?
This will be my only post on today’s match, VAR is totally fucking us. If that was a sending off my Aunt’s my Uncle. If Slaven does stay which is dubious he has to learn how to defend better. All in all a crap day.
(12-06-2020, 02:20 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: 0 chance rof Pearson here.

Plus we lack the players to play his way, and we won't have any coming in during January.

Why mate ? His issue was with Jenkins wasnt it ?
(12-06-2020, 02:22 PM)Pipkins Wrote: I've said it so many times

It does not matter who the manager is

Unless an investor in comes in nothing will change

We had our opportunity under Peace & he fucked us & the club over

We were street ahead of Leicester Leeds Crystal Palace & many others including Wolves & Villa

Peace Made a fantastic deal that secured his own future, I cannot blame him for what is happening with the club. The club needs new ownership, an entity who will invest in the squad and rebuild, likely in the Championship. The problem is, who is going to want to buy the club knowing that it is highly likely we will be relegated. In which case, if you are the current owner, why not change manager?
11 games gone, 27 left to play. And we're on about next year.

It's a terrible state of affairs, and a collective failure. In fact, the only thing saving Slav is the fact we are no stronger in real terms than last year. He's got nothing to work with following a season we finished so poorly.

We will be back; we can't have spunked all the money and there is the parachute money to come. The majority of relegated clubs sit pretty provided they aren't fucked (even Villa were, and came good), the supporter base is there, the youngsters are slowly feeding through. It's not all doom and gloom, long-term.

But short term, it is a lost cause. I think we just have to accept it now, because barring a miracle we look every bit the West Midlands Community Sandwell Refinance FC that we are. TP/It'sP totally Fubar'd us, BD did well unto a point; all Slav has over BD is a fresher start and a little more managerial pedigree. At least the legend that is Mr D Moore didn't have to suffer this.

So sacking Slav makes no difference, but he is slowly sacking himself anyway. I have said it elsewhere but I really couldn't care now if he stays or goes in what is a somewhat untenable position.
(12-06-2020, 02:19 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Get Pearson in he will sort these fucking shirkers out.... Billic had a rep at West ham for being to soft I think the players and the board have pushed him under a bus reversed and wheel spinned on the poor fucker.

It’s Pärsson, ffs.
(12-06-2020, 02:31 PM)Crossbar11 Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 02:20 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: 0 chance rof Pearson here.

Plus we lack the players to play his way, and we won't have any coming in during January.

Why mate ? His issue was with Jenkins wasnt it ?

Can't see Dowling even interviewing him.
It's down to the lake I fear
I wouldnt particularly sack him..I wouldnt be overly bothered if he left.
I think the game generally is a bag of shit now. Mainly boring n predictable...officials n decisions are shyte..media only interested in certain clubs.
I wouldnt blow money at that.
(12-06-2020, 03:22 PM)baggie93 Wrote: I wouldnt particularly sack him..I wouldnt be overly bothered if he left.
I think the game generally is a bag of shit now. Mainly boring n predictable...officials n decisions are shyte..media only interested in certain clubs.
I wouldnt blow money at that.

Can't say I disagree at all.

I love the game still. Fucking hate this league.
(12-06-2020, 02:32 PM)westbromjack Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 02:22 PM)Pipkins Wrote: I've said it so many times

It does not matter who the manager is

Unless an investor in comes in nothing will change

We had our opportunity under Peace & he fucked us & the club over

We were street ahead of Leicester Leeds Crystal Palace & many others including Wolves & Villa

Peace Made a fantastic deal that secured his own future, I cannot blame him for what is happening with the club. The club needs new ownership, an entity who will invest in the squad and rebuild, likely in the Championship. The problem is, who is going to want to buy the club knowing that it is highly likely we will be relegated. In which case, if you are the current owner, why not change manager?
Peace’s future was already secure before he bought us.

He ran a tight ship and did some good things.

What he failed to do was build a commercial infrastructure that increased external revenue outside the tv money.

Without going over the pasts debates we are the only Premier League club with a smaller capacity than 20 years ago. 

For the heat and now we need investment and those that invest know that as we stand the value is less than it was the day we were promoted. I hope Lai’s advisors can make him see sense and move towards a £100m sale.