Soccer Saturday
(08-27-2020, 11:26 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 11:21 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Scott Minto now part of the Sky Sports cull. Always found him an excellent presenter for Championship football.

Sky Sports are haemorrhaging money and subscribers. Could just be that they’re cutting a few of the big earners they don’t need.

Which means they will probably replace with existing employees. Matt Murray (Ding - but quite good pundit IMO), Alex Scott, Sue Smith, Liam Rosenior, Higginbotham, Steven Warnock (please no), Dowie, McInally etc
They’ve done it before, when I first watched it it was the likes of Best, Marsh, Mullery and Mcklintock.
(08-27-2020, 11:21 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Scott Minto now part of the Sky Sports cull. Always found him an excellent presenter for Championship football.

Sky Sports are haemorrhaging money and subscribers. Could just be that they’re cutting a few of the big earners they don’t need.

Might be something in that , I was with Sky for 20 years and have just left (I had a letter saying the price was going up)
the day after expiry they rang me offered me a deal for £35.00 a month
I had being paying £81.00

Too late should have dropped my price before instead of increasing it.
(08-27-2020, 11:44 AM)mickeypearce Wrote: They’ve done it before, when I first watched it it was the likes of Best, Marsh, Mullery and Mcklintock.

Hated Marsh and Mullery. Best was ok. Didnt McClintock get sacked for saying something he shouldn't?

Makes perfect sense - until the left wing demand equal billing and equal pay for everyone, and Sky goes bust as a consequence  Smile

If you are contracted, then you have  very little protection if your contract is not renewed. That's the world you choose to operate in.
Minto was one of the best, that's a shame
(08-27-2020, 11:48 AM)MrFizz Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 11:44 AM)mickeypearce Wrote: They’ve done it before, when I first watched it it was the likes of Best, Marsh, Mullery and Mcklintock.

Hated Marsh and Mullery. Best was ok. Didnt McClintock get sacked for saying something he shouldn't?

sat next to Mullery vs Fulham, once. Decent guy
This is a decent read, some good points about Merson and why they kept him on:

https://www.football365.com/news/sky-spo...r-thompson
(08-27-2020, 02:25 PM)Duffers Wrote: This is a decent read, some good points about Merson and why they kept him on:

I have to laugh at the assumption that they aren’t relatable to the younger generation anymore. I work with a bunch of 20-30 year olds and they love Soccer Saturday. I’d put money on ratings dropping. But the younger generation have been spoken for....
(08-27-2020, 02:33 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 02:25 PM)Duffers Wrote: This is a decent read, some good points about Merson and why they kept him on:

I have to laugh at the assumption that they aren’t relatable to the younger generation anymore. I work with a bunch of 20-30 year olds and they love Soccer Saturday. I’d put money on ratings dropping. But the younger generation have been spoken for....

Agreed. I disagree with a lot of points in that article. And Micah Richards a phenomenal pundit, on what planet?