8pm clapping
We must be close to a Corporate Manslaughter charge against Nick Hancock?

Imagine running a business and not providing staff with the appropriate safety equipment which resulted in over 50 deaths...

Get the proles to clap for them and they won’t challenge us.
(04-23-2020, 09:50 PM)JOK Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:26 PM)Loanee Wrote: “But I’ll still vote for a party that cheers not giving nhs workers a pay rise”

Just for accuracy. No one was denying NHS workers a pay rise. The cheers were for the defeat of an opposition amendment after an acrimonious debate.  The amendment was to lift the cap on the amount of rise to be awarded not to deny a wage rise at completely.

Backtracking, keep voting Tory, keep underfunding the NHS & not looking after its staff, not providing them the right equipment, keep pretending you care about nhs staff by clapping outside your house one night a week, this country
(04-23-2020, 09:53 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: We must be close to a Corporate Manslaughter charge against Nick Hancock?

Imagine running a business and not providing staff with the appropriate safety equipment which resulted in over 50 deaths...

Get the proles to clap for them and they won’t challenge us.
But it's not a business CA.

It's an unprecedented worldwide pandemic and we are all globally in uncharted waters and all scared 
Not a time for political ambulance chasing. 
I don't think even the Tories go to bed thinking thank fuck everyone clapped tonight ....
(04-23-2020, 08:50 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 08:10 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 07:37 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Best I've seen and heard around our neighbourhood this evening. Miserable buggers next door still haven't been out at all though.

These things start with the best of intentions, but before you know it you get petty curtain twitchers getting pissy when others don’t join in. If people choose not to that’s their business.

Clapping really is the new poppy wearing.

Did you copy and paste that from last week or did you re-type it? Tongue

Re-typed, I was proud of it.
(04-23-2020, 09:54 PM)Loanee Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:26 PM)Loanee Wrote: “But I’ll still vote for a party that cheers not giving nhs workers a pay rise”

Just for accuracy. No one was denying NHS workers a pay rise. The cheers were for the defeat of an opposition amendment after an acrimonious debate.  The amendment was to lift the cap on the amount of rise to be awarded not to deny a wage rise at completely.

Backtracking, keep voting Tory, keep underfunding the NHS & not looking after its staff, not providing them the right equipment, keep pretending you care about nhs staff by clapping outside your house one night a week, this country
Who said I voted Tory? Do please read the first sentence again.  I realise Guardian headlines and left wing social media sound bites float some people’s boat but it’s just another ‘side of a bus’ instance. Still, if it helps you with a good sneer!
Please don’t presume stuff just because I check complete sources and more than one.
Give us a "P"
Give us an "O"...
(04-24-2020, 06:05 AM)JOK Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:54 PM)Loanee Wrote:

Who said I voted Tory? Do please read the first sentence again.  I realise Guardian headlines and left wing social media sound bites float some people’s boat but it’s just another ‘side of a bus’ instance. Still, if it helps you with a good sneer!
Please don’t presume stuff just because I check complete sources and more than one.

All but one Tory MP blocked Labour’s attempt to scrap the 1 per cent cap on public sector pay rises and better fund the emergency services in an amendment to the Queen’s Speech.

They then cheered a victory to keep a pay rise below 1% accusing Labour of milking the NHS vote. However you dress this up JOK it’s not a good look for a party and key cabinet members on record saying that wanted to scrap the NHS including Raab who even wrote some shoddy pamphlet about it. Seeing them now praise public sector workers is embarrassingly hypocritical. 

If you didn’t vote Conservative and you’re a Brexit supporter, who did you vote for? Labour, Lib Dem’s? Not the Brexit Limited Company? 
A plea to Conservative voters at the next General Election.

Stay Home, protect the NHS, save lives.

Other political jokes, made against other political parties are available.

I'm surprised at you JOK of all people for trying to put some vagaries around this subject, you usually are one of the posters that tries to point out facts.

Just for accuracy, the amendment that was voted down was this one (taken from factcheck):

“…respectfully regret that the Gracious Speech fails to end cuts to the police and the fire service; commend the response of the emergency services to the recent terrorist attacks and to the Grenfell Tower fire; call on the Government to recruit more police officers and fire-fighters; and further call on the Government to end the public sector pay cap and give the emergency and public services a fair pay rise.”

Strictly speaking you are correct that the vote wasn't specifically about Nurses pay, it was about public sector pay. But you really are trying to add some obfuscation to a topic rather than clarify there.

There are more details here: https://fullfact.org/health/queens-speec...ector-pay/
£134 billion "pared to the bone"

Yeah right.