8pm clapping
(04-23-2020, 08:10 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 07:37 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Best I've seen and heard around our neighbourhood this evening. Miserable buggers next door still haven't been out at all though.

These things start with the best of intentions, but before you know it you get petty curtain twitchers getting pissy when others don’t join in. If people choose not to that’s their business.

Clapping really is the new poppy wearing.

+1
(04-23-2020, 08:10 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 07:37 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Best I've seen and heard around our neighbourhood this evening. Miserable buggers next door still haven't been out at all though.

These things start with the best of intentions, but before you know it you get petty curtain twitchers getting pissy when others don’t join in. If people choose not to that’s their business.

Clapping really is the new poppy wearing.

Did you copy and paste that from last week or did you re-type it? Tongue
FFS.
You get a morsel of community spirit, solidarity,  and hope from generally innocent and compliant bystanders.
Then the cynics rock up.
All hope is (nearly) gone....
“But I’ll still vote for a party that cheers not giving nhs workers a pay rise”
(04-23-2020, 09:26 PM)Loanee Wrote: “But I’ll still vote for a party that cheers not giving nhs workers a pay rise”

That's the irony everyone is clapping and donating like the NHS is some form of charity .

No. It's an institution that's been pared to the bone over the last 10 years and in all honesty the reason doctors and nurses are dying is because of the government's under funding, staff cutting and absolutely abysmal approach to this pandemic in late Feb early March
(04-23-2020, 09:26 PM)Loanee Wrote: “But I’ll still vote for a party that cheers not giving nhs workers a pay rise”

Irrelevant, totally inaccurate, and presumptuous. Out of step with most right thinking worried folk. 
Wrong thread lad - start a fresh one on the politics section.
(04-23-2020, 09:36 PM)billybassett Wrote:

That's the irony everyone is clapping and donating like the NHS is some form of charity .

No. It's an institution that's been pared to the bone over the last 10 years and in all honesty the reason doctors and nurses are dying is because of the government's under funding, staff cutting and absolutely abysmal approach to this pandemic in late Feb early March
No, we’re clapping the NHS and it’s excellent staff as well as carers etc

We’re not clapping the government ffs
(04-23-2020, 09:42 PM)Wotty Wrote:

If people supported them they shouldn’t vote for a party that doesn’t support them
(04-23-2020, 09:42 PM)Wotty Wrote:

Exactly. And that's all ..

Just for accuracy. No one was denying NHS workers a pay rise. The cheers were for the defeat of an opposition amendment after an acrimonious debate.  The amendment was to lift the cap on the amount of rise to be awarded not to deny a wage rise at completely.