Tubby Charlie Adam
When did he go to Reading?  Those hoops don’t flatter him
(12-12-2019, 08:48 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote: When did he go to Reading?  Those hoops don’t flatter him

Think he came on against us for the last few minutes this season... Whereas Teddy Sherringham gained a yard in his mind as he got older, Charlie seems to have gained a yard on his waist!
We're playing them on Saturday. Hopefully Butland won't go walkabout cos there's nowt so certain as Charlie trying one from the halfway line.
(12-12-2019, 09:20 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 08:48 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote: When did he go to Reading?  Those hoops don’t flatter him

Think he came on against us for the last few minutes this season... Whereas Teddy Sherringham gained a yard in his mind as he got older, Charlie seems to have gained a yard on his waist!
Anyone know of another Charlie like that ? Big Grin
Christ, I thought he retired about ten years ago.
Clarnet v2.0
Absolute wanker of a player. Nasty, fat twat who loved to leave his foot in.

If ever a player made the most of limited ability it is Adam. Let's not forget Liverpool signed him. Unbelievable.
(12-13-2019, 11:13 AM)Peachy Wrote: Absolute wanker of a player. Nasty, fat twat who loved to leave his foot in.

If ever a player made the most of limited ability it is Adam. Let's not forget Liverpool signed him. Unbelievable.

Fat bastard.....some left foot mind!

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(12-13-2019, 11:14 AM)Cuzer Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 11:13 AM)Peachy Wrote: Absolute wanker of a player. Nasty, fat twat who loved to leave his foot in.

Fat bastard.....some left foot mind!

Cuzer

Not a patch on our Brunty......

I wouldn't say it was limited ability mate, more a case of limited fitness which stopped him making it at the very highest level. He always looked a bit 'early 70s' in his body shape and he was known to like a beer or two. 

The ability was definitely there, and he scored some absolute beauts for us. He'll get a good reception from Stokies when he returns tomorrow.
(12-13-2019, 02:38 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

I wouldn't say it was limited ability mate, more a case of limited fitness which stopped him making it at the very highest level. He always looked a bit 'early 70s' in his body shape and he was known to like a beer or two. 

The ability was definitely there, and he scored some absolute beauts for us. He'll get a good reception from Stokies when he returns tomorrow.

Did you mean like a player from the early 70s, or a bloke in his early 70s?

I always thought he was from Glasgow, but it's Dundee apparently. I hope I haven't been guilty of profiling.

Edit: And yes, given time and space, he could play.