Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chadli
"And again, I agree Worc. No one knows the truth of what goes on at football clubs in 95% of cases. But with any manager, patterns start to emerge. With Pennant, as with Liam Lawrence, the manager was saying they weren't fit enough to play while the players were saying they were raring to go. Things just didn't make sense. The Chadli situation seems to have the potential to head that way too."

I think it's got more of a potential of Chadli saying he's never fit, personally.
It has been 26 weeks since Chadders started a PL game for WBA (Liverpool h). 

At a conservative 60k/wk that is £1.56m wages since he last pulled on the shirt 

We apparently paid 13m for him,  which since he signed is just under £1m/mth. 

So circa £1.25m/mth total cost as yet.

Great professional according to the Tone.    "Looks after himself."      Certainly does.
(10-12-2017, 04:23 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 02:54 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 02:17 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:34 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 11:21 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: Is Chadli being a twat and feigning injury to wait out a move in January, or is TP deliberately freezing him out of the match day squad to make him leave?

I don't know what Chadli's attitude is like with past employers, but I'm sure DK will provide some evidence (anecdotal maybe) of TP having form for this type of treatment when dealing with "flair" players in particular. 

Maybe the real truth lies somewhere in between - Chadli is keen to go and TP has therefore discarded him from his plans.

To be honest, I've not really followed the Chadli story, so I wasn't sure if he was injured or being frozen out. From the recent posts on here it looks like you're in the same boat. 

There are plenty of instances at Stoke where Pulis bought players in, usually attack minded players, then didn't seem to know what to do with them - Eidur Gudjohnsen, Patrick Berger, Tom Soares, Tuncay, Michael Owen, Dave Kitson. But probably the best comparison to the apparent Chadli situation would be Jermaine Pennant. 

Pennant rarely had a bad game for us under Pulis, but there were a few off the field misdemeanours, late night booze-ups, breaking curfews, and being a bit flash with the women and the cars which seemed to get him into trouble with Pulis. He got left out after one late night incident too many, and then barely had a look in after that. 

The parallel with Chadli was in what was said. Pennant claimed to be desperate to get back in the team. Pulis continually claimed that there was no problem between the two of them, and once Pennant's fitness levels were back up, then he'd be back in the team. The fitness levels never got back up, and in the meantime we tried every ill-conceived square peg in the right wing hole when it was blatantly obvious that the team were suffering without Pennant there. 

Once it had been established that Pennant was fit and was being left out, it was up to Dave 'lively and inventive' Kemp to deliver the news that he was being left out because we were 'too open' playing with two wingers. This was utter shit because our best performances AND results had been with the two wingers running at defences and chucking the crosses in for Kenwyne. And in any case, by then Etherington on the other wing had become somewhat injury-prone so it made no sense for Pennant to be the one to give way. He never got back in the team under Pulis.

There was a similar situation over Liam Lawrence who apparently fell over his own dog and was rarely seen again. But that, as they say, is another story.

You only have to look at Calum Macmanaman. Pulis bought him and gave him a few goes. He looked quite lively. He got publicly criticised by TP for diving and he was never seen again. Every time TP did mention him he often talked of no problem with the lad. He's a good lad and is training well etc etc. Yet despite these words he never made the 18.

Now I'm not saying for one minute he was in Chadli's class but merely the fact that what TP says publicly and what he actually does with the player doesn't often tally up.

Have most of these players mentioned gone on to better?

Arf!!

Pulis plucks him from league one, bombs him from the squad within a few months and banishes him totally from the 18 man squad for two years!!!

Who the fucks going to come in for him? Madrid or Barca ffs! How is he going to make an upward move from us with the previous two years of inactivity?

Didn't he have a great opportunity to put himself in the shop window whilst on loan at Sheffield Wednesday? Now he's out of harms way at struggling Sunderland i expect Prem clubs to be queueing up for him again. 

By all means question the signing of the player but let's not pretend he's better than he is.
He's been dropped from the Sunderland team.

He could have been used more at Albion as an impact player, but surely no one believes that we had this superstar in the making that we just neglected and everything could've been so different if we'd started him. He dropped down the leagues with Wigan, admittedly looking promising, couldn't get on our bench.....then couldn't get on Sheff Wed's bench....and now is a fixture on Sunderland's bench.

Real Madrid certainly won't come calling if he keeps getting dropped by manager after manager, but is it really the fault of Pulis, Carvalhal and now Grayson or the player himself?
Chadli yet another player to add to the list of players this board has passionately debated about over the last few years.

And yet the debate is never really about the players. Is it?
It's never about the players. Every single team has discussions of this nature and it's always about managers favourites/who they are leaving out. To imply this is a Pulis thing is insane. It literally happens at every single club with every single manager.
(10-13-2017, 08:56 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Chadli yet another player to add to the list of players this board has passionately debated about over the last few years.

No because the anti-TP posters cannot resist looking for any excuse to criticise Pulis. That said it happens everywhere but some will pretend it doesn't.
(10-13-2017, 09:07 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 08:56 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Chadli yet another player to add to the list of players this board has passionately debated about over the last few years.

No because the anti-TP posters cannot resist looking for any excuse to criticise Pulis. That said it happens everywhere but some will pretend it doesn't.

[Image: Yawning.jpg]
(10-12-2017, 11:41 PM)Hopalong Wrote: It has been 26 weeks since Chadders started a PL game for WBA (Liverpool h). 

At a conservative 60k/wk that is £1.56m wages since he last pulled on the shirt 

We apparently paid 13m for him,  which since he signed is just under £1m/mth. 

So circa £1.25m/mth total cost as yet.  

Great professional according to the Tone.    "Looks after himself."      Certainly does.

It's a good job the club rakes in over £100m a season from being in the Premier League then...
(10-13-2017, 09:09 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 09:07 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

[Image: Yawning.jpg]

I know turgid is the word I'd use to describe the detractors.