Charlie Webster
To change the mood a little, has anyone read the BBC columns and interviews with this young lady?

For those of you who don't know, she is a former Sky Sports News presenter, and was an interviewer on the Sky Speedway coverage - in my opinion she wasn't very good at it.

Whilst retaining a sports focus, she has recently moved towards social issues. She resigned from the Sheffield United board over Ched Evans at the same time as Jessica Ennis. She is always good for a quote on a womens angle in most things, and talks alot about sports pyschology, and other high level stuff. She did, of course, contract Malaria at the Rio olympics, and made a full recovery. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I'm just getting a little fed up of reading her columns and hearing her speeches though of the value of women in sport (a fair point), mental health issues, the abuse she suffered from a coach when she was young etc, when she actually started her career posing for photos like this

[Image: 075_1000.jpg]

I find it somewhat hypocritical.

Anyone else feel the same??
No Fish?
(03-30-2020, 04:26 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: To change the mood a little, has anyone read the BBC columns and interviews with this young lady?

For those of you who don't know, she is a former Sky Sports News presenter, and was an interviewer on the Sky Speedway coverage - in my opinion she wasn't very good at it.

Whilst retaining a sports focus, she has recently moved towards social issues. She resigned from the Sheffield United board over Ched Evans at the same time as Jessica Ennis. She is always good for a quote on a womens angle in most things, and talks alot about sports pyschology, and other high level stuff. She did, of course, contract Malaria at the Rio olympics, and made a full recovery. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I'm just getting a little fed up of reading her columns and hearing her speeches though of the value of women in sport (a fair point), mental health issues, the abuse she suffered from a coach when she was young, when she started her career posing for photos like this

[Image: 075_1000.jpg]

I find it somewhat hypocritical.

Anyone else feel the same??

Yes. The vast majority of female football presenters (and possibly most other sports too, unless they are ex-pros) get ahead because of their looks, fuck all else.

I read an article by her where she said that when she was a host on Real Madrid T.V. (which she landed in her early 20's despite having practically no experience) people would often ask her if she 'actually liked football'. To her this was a sign of how 'sexist' the industry is. The fact that she only got that job in the first place because she was a young and particularly good looking woman and hence was the epitome of 'sexism' seemed to go over her head completely.

In 10 years time she'll probably be writing articles about how sexist and 'unfair' the industry is in preferring young, attractive female presenters and the declining opportunities of work for 'older' ladies.
I like you have been aware of her for sometime since the Ched Evans thing and taking the BBC to court over inequality issues. Your right she is rubbish and uses her gender as an excuse for lack of talent. She currently works with Chiles on Friday mornings doing the This Championship live section and stays as a co presenter for the rest of the show. She is still bizarre to say the least.
(03-31-2020, 09:03 AM)Swagbaggie Wrote: I like you have been aware of her for sometime since the Ched Evans thing and taking the BBC to court over inequality issues. Your right she is rubbish and uses her gender as an excuse for lack of talent. She currently works with Chiles on Friday mornings doing the This Championship live section and stays as a co presenter for the rest of the show. She is still bizarre to say the least.

Definitely the worst Speedway interviewer. Couldn't hold a candle to Natalie Quirk or Sophie Blake.

I remember when she asked one rider (might have been Steve Johnston) what changes he had made to his bike. His reply was "We've just changed the flux capacitor, and everything is fine now". She took it hook, line and sinker.

Jesus wept..................