Bilic talks at lawyer stage
"Bilic will also be asked to make a decision on experienced midfielders James Morrison and Gareth Barry.

Neither player has been offered a contract by Albion yet, and will officially be released at the end of this month. But if Bilic is keen, they may get a new deal."

I have a feeling he might look to keep Barry for his experience. He did look good last season but his legs are going to go soon if they haven't already.
(06-13-2019, 09:46 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: "Bilic will also be asked to make a decision on experienced midfielders James Morrison and Gareth Barry.

Neither player has been offered a contract by Albion yet, and will officially be released at the end of this month. But if Bilic is keen, they may get a new deal."

I have a feeling he might look to keep Barry for his experience. He did look good last season but his legs are going to go soon if they haven't already.

I'd be tempted to keep Barry if he had any coaching ambitions, it would be good to keep that brain around the club.
(06-13-2019, 09:04 AM)Atomic Wrote: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...ead-coach/

Announcement expected within 48 hours.

Still don't rush themselves do they Albion?  Rolleyes

Believe it when I see him holding the scarf over his head. 

What could possibly go wrong?

(06-13-2019, 07:59 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 07:36 AM)MGalea Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 08:36 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 06:59 PM)Pipkins Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 06:45 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Announced on a sunday by the club if I recall - in the hope we'd miss it?!    Big Grin

Everyone was expecting Tim Sherwood to take the job!

Wonder if we will have another one of those moments?

Appleton announced tomorrow.   Just imagine!!  Rolleyes

Melanie or Nicole?

My onions on Bilic as follows.

Will definitely lift the fans a bit and talks a great game. Has that bit of likeable star quality that we've not really seen since Di Matteo / Roy.

Tactically I don't think he's too savvy more of a motivator therefore I hope he gives Jimmy Shan a chance to work with him.

Will stop any bullshit from players occurring.

Probably fairly well linked up in the game so may be able to pull in some favours in the transfer market.

Not sure fire for promotion (who is?) but as mentioned it does seem there is likely a good Championship budget. Issue being is there are a few clubs to over come to get up...Leeds, Fulham, Cardiff, Hudds, Derby, resurgence from one of Stoke, Forest, Wednesday.

Buckle up it's going to be another roller coaster.

Looks like we will be aiming top 6 again, and buying a ticket for the lottery.

God help us if we do go up. The Seals are about to have a reality check, and they are far better prepared financially than we could ever be.

The deluded twats are in for a shock. No defence and no attack at the moment!
@geoffpeters has just tweeted that billic is our new manager signed a 2 year contract
Percy confirms

Slaven Bilic is the new head coach of West Brom. 2 year deal. Announcement imminent #wba
(06-13-2019, 10:00 AM)Squid Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 09:46 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: "Bilic will also be asked to make a decision on experienced midfielders James Morrison and Gareth Barry.

I'd be tempted to keep Barry if he had any coaching ambitions, it would be good to keep that brain around the club.

I've said it before and I'll say it again I would drop Barry back to centre half. I think he'd be a natural leader from the back. Ok not the quickest but he's a great defender, reads the game well and his passing is brilliant. Him and big Ahmed would be a good pair imo.
(06-13-2019, 11:19 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Percy confirms

Slaven Bilic is the new head coach of West Brom. 2 year deal. Announcement imminent #wba

Wahhhhh. Monk would've been better. Fresh Pampers please.   Rolleyes
You heard it here first, well second as I found info on Twitter, but happy to bring those on here that have just discovered fire the news.

(06-13-2019, 11:22 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:

How did the Moore v Smith battle go?  Wink
(06-13-2019, 11:46 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: You heard it here first, well second as I found info on Twitter, but happy to bring those on here that have just discovered fire the news.

Can't say, how do you guarantee Smith would have done better, we'd have been as poor in defence without Gayle or Barnes.
(06-13-2019, 11:56 AM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 11:48 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 11:46 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: You heard it here first, well second as I found info on Twitter, but happy to bring those on here that have just discovered fire the news.

Can't say, how do you guarantee Smith would have done better, we'd have been as poor in defence without Gayle or Barnes.
We can say  - Moore took 4 points off Villa and out thought Smith convincingly at Villa Park.

That proves nothing, Smith still thinks he won them! Yours Derek.  Wink