Disrespectful
Being at the game, just run through the Sky pre and post match coverage.
Wow !  No mention or analysis or interviews for us just a Derby and Lampard love in!
No serious match analysis; disgraceful and disrespectful to our 4th place and 46 game season.
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a club so dismissed except for when we played Liverpool on BT ?
We are always the ignored.
Think there’s several reasons for this. Firstly we’ve just been consistently good for the top 4 all season, barely ever dropping lower whilst not doing enough to make the top 2. The focus therefore was the 3 way tussle at the top and the other two play off spots. As much as I hate to say it, Villa’s run was of note. Then sixth went to the last day.
To add to this, having just been relegated we were seen as a favourite and us returning to the Prem is a relatively small story, should it happen.
Lastly the perception of us after a somewhat harsh sacking of Moore is hardly favourable. The race card has been played on this too.
In all we’re properly under the radar in these play offs. That suits me fine.
(05-06-2019, 07:52 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: We are always the ignored.

Wish i could ignore them at times  Big Grin
(05-06-2019, 07:55 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Think there’s several reasons for this. Firstly we’ve just been consistently good for the top 4 all season, barely ever dropping lower whilst not doing enough to make the top 2. The focus therefore was the 3 way tussle at the top and the other two play off spots. As much as I hate to say it, Villa’s run was of note. Then sixth went to the last day.
To add to this, having just been relegated we were seen as a favourite and us returning to the Prem is a relatively small story, should it happen.
Lastly the perception of us after a somewhat harsh sacking of Moore is hardly favourable. The race card has been played on this too.
In all we’re properly under the radar in these play offs. That suits me fine.

Nailed it. Who cares what Sky think?
Sky TV is f****** shite!
I wouldn’t take it personally, TV companies need to convey through creating narratives. We were bit part players in the story they were trying to tell yesterday, nothing more sinister than that.

The constant need for validation from others is a sign of insecurity.
(05-06-2019, 08:23 AM)Duffers Wrote: I wouldn’t take it personally, TV companies need to convey through creating narratives. We were bit part players in the story they were trying to tell yesterday, nothing more sinister than that.

Yes, I think people are reading a bit too much into it. It was a battle for 6th spot yesterday. Something we were indirectly involved in.

The commentators were quite complimentary, with quotes about the quality in our side for goals and always a constant threat to Derby for major parts of the game.
(05-06-2019, 08:23 AM)Duffers Wrote: I wouldn’t take it personally, TV companies need to convey through creating narratives. We were bit part players in the story they were trying to tell yesterday, nothing more sinister than that.

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they are NOT after me.

Love that quote from Smith. "In my head we went to their place and beat them".

Totally agree with this and we need to be honest. If you were a neutral how important are we in interest right now? I recall everyone loving us in 2002 when we came back from the wilderness but times change.
In the play-offs we have fallen giants Leeds, a decade and more out of the wilderness, with a huge national and international fan base, who looked odds on to go straight up until recent weeks. They will play Derby, another team which hasn't graced the Prem for over a decade, and they have one of the superstars of international football of the early 21st century in his first management job.
Villa, a one time staple of the Prem, who looked like they'd always be there. Too big for the Champ in the media eyes, can this fallen giant after 3 years away and a storming late run which broke records make the big move back to the Prem.
Then West Brom, just relegated after 8 years making up the numbers, including latterly turgid football under Pulis plus te reasons I stated earlier.
We are far and away the dullest story. So what.
I think most neutrals would have wanted Bristol C to make it.