feed a family of 4 for 7 days
I am really proud of my daughter she is a school cook and was very concerned about  families that  have to rely on food parcels
she has given herself  £35 to feed the 4 of them for a week and done so with food left  over Big Grin
 i am so proud of her.
the reason she  done it was some mothers came to her school  took the free meals walked to the school gates lit up a fag and phoned a taxi to take them home
apparently they stopped giving vouchers as the parents was buying alcohol at the local supermarkets .
you really could not make it up
Some of these scum. Society just doesn't try to get the root of the ills of the underclass and intervene unlike the Scandinavians.
(02-25-2021, 10:35 PM)keef Wrote: I am really proud of my daughter she is a school cook and was very concerned about  families that  have to rely on food parcels
she has given herself  £35 to feed the 4 of them for a week and done so with food left  over Big Grin
 i am so proud of her.
the reason she  done it was some mothers came to her school  took the free meals walked to the school gates lit up a fag and phoned a taxi to take them home
apparently they stopped giving vouchers as the parents was buying alcohol at the local supermarkets .

There is always those that will abuse the system and others that use it the best they can. Certainly education and awareness plays its part too - be great if the school could set up some budgeting lessons around food which maybe your daughter could deliver to parents to improve lives. She sounds like a shining example to us all.
(03-03-2021, 07:51 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:35 PM)keef Wrote: I am really proud of my daughter she is a school cook and was very concerned about  families that  have to rely on food parcels
 i am so proud of her.

There is always those that will abuse the system and others that use it the best they can. Certainly education and awareness plays its part too - be great if the school could set up some budgeting lessons around food which maybe your daughter could deliver to parents to improve lives. She sounds like a shining example to us all.
Thank you for the replies  i am glad that you saw it as a post about attitude and nothing else  although it was posted in the politics  section it was never meant to take sides other from right or wrong
 i am so proud of her.
Well done to your daughter Keef, no wonder you are proud and have every right to be.

A couple of years back I was going to volunteer to help out at the local food bank but thought I'd research the clientele using it first. From my observations it appeared to be mainly frequented by folk who just made bad choices of how to spend their income then relied on the generosity of the public for a free meal, there didn't appear to be any of what I would term genuinely hungry people. I gave it a miss.
 i am so proud of her.

You sound surprised!

£35 is pushing it for a week but we used to have beans on toast for a meal. That's a loaf of bread and a few cans of beans. £3. Cheese and potato pie. Meat is he real killer when it comes to expense.
 i am so proud of her.
Yep....because that's how most of the people below the poverty line behave. Let the fuckers starve, I say.
Piss in the ocean compared to the billions creamed off by the fat-cats..but we can ignore that.
 i am so proud of her.

Keef, first and most important, a big 'well done' to your daughter. 

What she saw first hand at the school gates doesn't surprise me. Those parents were in all likelihood not the first generation of that family to appear to have their priorities skewed; they might just be passing onto their offspring what was handed down to them, and who knows how far back those influences go. We somehow, as a society, need to break that cycle.
 i am so proud of her.

That is quite a feat. I reckon I could feed my family on £35 for 7 days - but probably only main meals. With lunch and breakfast added too, that's a really tough ask IMO. What was on the menu, if you don't mind me asking.
(03-06-2021, 02:24 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
 i am so proud of her.

That is quite a feat. I reckon I could feed my family on £35 for 7 days - but probably only main meals. With lunch and breakfast added too, that's a really tough ask IMO. What was on the menu, if you don't mind me asking.
 chasetown baggie breakfast was either beans on toast  tomatoe   on toast or wheat blocks from morrissions belive it or not they work out to 3 pence each
main meals were  spaghetti meat balls    chilli con carne  whith jacket potatoes and  cheese and potatoe pie
i will ask her what she actualy done but you  can do it
the 2 main reasons she done this 
1 to make her children realise that some other people are not as fortunate as themselves
2 if her children ever  fell on bad times then if you were frugal and have the right attitude you can make your money go further and not go hungry
do not get me wrong there are people in this country that have fell into a trap of food poverty
but there are many more that are playing the system

(03-07-2021, 02:10 PM)keef Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 02:24 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
 i am so proud of her.

chasetown baggie breakfast was either beans on toast  tomatoe   on toast or wheat blocks from morrissions belive it or not they work out to 3 pence each
main meals were  spaghetti meat balls    chilli con carne  whith jacket potatoes and  cheese and potatoe pie
i will ask her what she actualy done but you  can do it
the 2 main reasons she done this 
1 to make her children realise that some other people are not as fortunate as themselves
2 if her children ever  fell on bad times then if you were frugal and have the right attitude you can make your money go further and not go hungry
do not get me wrong there are people in this country that have fell into a trap of food poverty
but there are many more that are playing the system
obviously she did not shop at waitrose or marks and spencer food shop she went to her local asian store and went to  morrissions  i did the same last night and brought a loaf of bread at 7 pm for 9 pence and 4 cobs for 5 pence its not the best i agree  
this thread for me was all about not going hungry  not about luxury