I genuinely thought this was a joke at first
In the middle of a pandemic crisis and desperately facing a no-deal Brexit, Boris puts this out there about the potential trade deal with Australia. This is how the world sees our leadership

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondo...r-BB15BO5M
To be fair, it's free trade that will drive us to recovery. Nothing else will.
Shame we didn't have that with about 500m people somehow. He mentions Financial Services in that blabbering - I can guarantee you that the Asian markets including Australasia will not be moving away from Singapore who happen to be on the same time zone for their FS.

Free trade is great but when you add on the cost of transport to the other side of the world it kinda makes it uncompetitive. Like I said, if only we had a market on our doorstep that we could trade freely with.

And tell me honestly - that's just fucking embarrassing isn't it?
We could trade freely with the EU if it gave us the FTA it promised. They've rescinded it. You can hardly blame the UK for that.

No self respecting country could give into Barnier's demands.
It was conditional on Free Movement - we've always known that
There would have been less need for talk of 'giving in' if we hadn't put ourselves at such a negotiating disadvantage by completely frittering away the time between the referendum and the triggering of article 50; and then similarly the original 2-year term of Article 50; and then after that...

Actually, where are we as of today? Other than the obviously welcome news about the Marmite/Vegemite exchange programme.

Still, Buller Buller Buller eh?
Even the boomerangs we manufacture are faulty.  They don't come back according to Boris.

The Tim Tam man.  Tom more appropriate, Tom(my) Cooper
Oh, and among all his props did he have some specs in his top pocket, I wonder
(06-18-2020, 03:14 PM)baggy1 Wrote: It was conditional on Free Movement - we've always known that

Nope, it wasn't.

(06-18-2020, 03:25 PM)Ossian Wrote: There would have been less need for talk of 'giving in' if we hadn't put ourselves at such a negotiating disadvantage by completely frittering away the time between the referendum and the triggering of article 50; and then similarly the original 2-year term of Article 50; and then after that...

I could not agree more.