The contact - tracing app
Do you intend to download and use the app if/when it’s released?

I’m reluctant as I believe I have already had it and therefore wouldn’t want to keep having to self isolate every time I’m advised I’ve been near someone with the virus.  However, without having an anti body test I can’t be certain I’ve had it.  

Also, it’s still unknown if you can contract the virus a second time.  On that note, it’d be useful if they gave all the football staff (PL & EFL) the anti body test to see who has already had the virus and as they are being continually tested, to see if they contract it again. 

The app certainly has the potential for putting a lot of supermarket staff in self isolation.
Created by one of Dominic Cummings friends with links to Cambridge Analytica - no thank you
The app has the potential to be a good idea, the problem is that I don't trust the people that are receiving this data to do anything useful with it or use it to have any impact.

Already in the daily questions it was stated that "the app will be used to get an exact value for R at any given time, instead of us having to estimate it now through models". Well that's just bollocks, it's impossible to get an exact value for R at any given time, especially given that many will have Covid without symptoms. The only way you'd even get close is by testing everyone in the country on an almost daily basis and even then due to the delay in Covid showing up as positive on a test, it would be an estimate based upon models.

So why did the government say this? Is it because they don't understand R, haven't worked out how the hell they are going to use the data taken from the app, or is it because the app is being wheeled out to represent a success but actually won't do anything to inform policy?
(05-20-2020, 08:45 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Do you intend to download and use the app if/when it’s released?

I’m reluctant as I believe I have already had it and therefore wouldn’t want to keep having to self isolate every time I’m advised I’ve been near someone with the virus.  However, without having an anti body test I can’t be certain I’ve had it.  

Also, it’s still unknown if you can contract the virus a second time.  On that note, it’d be useful if they gave all the football staff (PL & EFL) the anti body test to see who has already had the virus and as they are being continually tested, to see if they contract it again. 

The app certainly has the potential for putting a lot of supermarket staff in self isolation.
Interesting point I hadn't thought of, FF.

They are coming around to antibodies may protect you, so if you have them, should you use it?

The 20 min test will be a game changer, because you can find out quickly who you need to contact.
No. The Government and tech firms have shown time and time again that they can't be trusted with our personal information, sorry I mean encrypted metadata
(05-24-2020, 08:16 PM)HomersBelly Wrote: No. The Government and tech firms have shown time and time again that they can't be trusted with our personal information, sorry I mean encrypted metadata

In normal circumstances I agree with you, but we might have to swallow that to save lives and see some normality
(05-24-2020, 08:30 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 08:16 PM)HomersBelly Wrote: No. The Government and tech firms have shown time and time again that they can't be trusted with our personal information, sorry I mean encrypted metadata

In normal circumstances I agree with you, but we might have to swallow that to save lives and see some normality

Gone a bit quiet on this one ?

The only progressive way of coming effectively out of this so called lockdown is to have Test, Track and Trace in place and aggressively go after the remaining and new outbreaks - no confidence we are able to do that.
(05-25-2020, 10:29 AM)And EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 08:30 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Gone a bit quiet on this one ?

The only progressive way of coming effectively out of this so called lockdown is to have Test, Track and Trace in place and aggressively go after the remaining and new outbreaks - no confidence we are able to do that.

Considering we did fuck all in the containment phase, delayed doing anything in the “delay” phase, I have no confidence whatsoever in what they have planned going forward.