WBAUnofficial
The amount of people out walking - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: The amount of people out walking (/showthread.php?tid=9855)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The amount of people out walking - Fulham Fallout - 04-09-2020

I’ve been amazed just how many people have taken to walking during the Corona virus.  What were they doing before?  Is it a case that they stayed in previously and now they are told to stay in they want to come out? They aren’t people who frequented gyms previously as you can see that by looking at them.  So how come so many have now decided to go for a walk?   The first 4 and last 4 miles of my walk is a nightmare, constantly having to cross roads to maintain social distancing. It must be a nightmare in London if it’s the same there.

Have any of you taken up walking and if so, what prompted you and what (if any) exercise were you doing before?

RE: The amount of people out walking - SausEggBaton - 04-09-2020

Maybe a large percentage of the population found some old boots in their cupboards.

RE: The amount of people out walking - wba13 - 04-09-2020

There will be people out walking now who would normally have been at work. They have to do something to pass the time of day. I walk locally every day and I didn’t realise how many people suddenly had dogs. Talking of dogs some of those now walking dogs, ought to be educated in how to pick up the dog shit they are now leaving around our streets.

RE: The amount of people out walking - Fulham Fallout - 04-09-2020

And disposable gloves that are now appearing on
Pavements and verges.

RE: The amount of people out walking - Ossian - 04-09-2020

We're walking probably as much cumulatively as before, but locally and therefore with fewer hills. I am quite adept at avoiding people anyway; it's pretty much a way of life for me.

I have to say the most unaware of what constitutes 2 metres appear to be the elderly on footpaths (pavements as we sometimes call them). I suppose some of them might not know how to convert it to feet and inches.

RE: The amount of people out walking - Dumbo - 04-09-2020

More faux outrage.

How outraged can you be at people out having walk, whilst you’re.....out on a walk.

RE: The amount of people out walking - albion_pigeon - 04-09-2020

(04-09-2020, 08:47 AM)Dumbo Wrote: More faux outrage.

How outraged can you be at people out having walk, whilst you’re.....out on a walk.

I don't see any faux outrage. I think he's just asking a question?

And he's right about the amount of people out walking.

RE: The amount of people out walking - Dumbo - 04-09-2020

(04-09-2020, 08:49 AM)albion_pigeon Wrote:

People would normally be at work.
People would usually exercise at the gym.
People would usually exercise at a leisure centre.
People are out walking, in order to get a change of scenery of their own 4 walls.

It isn’t rocket science.

RE: The amount of people out walking - Psalm23 - 04-09-2020

(04-09-2020, 08:40 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: And disposable gloves that are now appearing on
Pavements and verges.

I've noticed that as well, all over the park, beats me why they feel the need to wear latex gloves out on a walk, and then throw the fuckers on the floor, half way round. Tossers.

RE: The amount of people out walking - albion_pigeon - 04-09-2020

(04-09-2020, 08:53 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 08:49 AM)albion_pigeon Wrote:

People would normally be at work.
People would usually exercise at the gym.
People would usually exercise at a leisure centre.
People are out walking, in order to get a change of scenery of their own 4 walls.

It isn’t rocket science.

Cheers dumbo.