WBAUnofficial
Watched the game again - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Watched the game again (/showthread.php?tid=8177)

Pages: 1 2

Watched the game again - The liquidator - 01-03-2020

Looking at it again sober leeds were all huff and puff with no cutting edge ..the one thing we must do is to cut out the crosses before they get into the box .....and stay with the midfield runners ....apart from that we was ok and had the better chances .

RE: Watched the game again - SW4Baggie - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 08:57 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Looking at it again sober leeds were all huff and puff with no cutting edge ..the one thing we must do is to cut out the crosses before they get into the box .....and stay with the midfield runners ....apart from that we was ok and had the better chances .

I think our game plan is actually to let crosses into the box as our fullbacks are more dangerous from an attacking perspective. We therefore need CBs who are dominant, which fortunately Bartley and Ajayi are... it’s also why SJ gets so many negative comments about commanding his area. 

We completely have to track midfield runners more, but few teams actually commit that many players forward against us so it’s not often an issue. It has however been more prevalent with Diangana’s injury as we haven’t had the fast outlet.

RE: Watched the game again - CA Baggie - 01-03-2020

Sawyers is the biggest problem with following midfield runners.

They had the ball, we had the best chances.

RE: Watched the game again - HugeHons - 01-03-2020

Pulis didn’t mind crosses coming in,Roy used to double up to stop them. I don’t know if that is the plan with Bilic,but Gibbs scares me with how many crosses that get past him.

RE: Watched the game again - HeathAyIt - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 08:57 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Looking at it again sober leeds were all huff and puff with no cutting edge ..the one thing we must do is to cut out the crosses before they get into the box .....and stay with the midfield runners ....apart from that we was ok and had the better chances .

I also thought it was a far better performance than I initially gave credit for. We shouldve won IMO.

RE: Watched the game again - Lightnin - 01-03-2020

Go back before the Leeds game. Boro from a set piece, Barnsley scored from us not picking up the midfield runner (Pereira let him go). Brentford from a cross, Blues from 2 crosses. We give away a lot of chances.

I do wonder whether zonal marking works from set pieces and I also worry about our full backs not being able to win headers. Literally, 2 tall players in the team and that’s it.

RE: Watched the game again - Squid - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 09:54 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:

I also thought it was a far better performance than I initially gave credit for. We shouldve won IMO.

I agree. I think some fans were expecting us to blown them away and there was a negative reaction when We didn't, but actually we held our own very well and had by far the better chances.

RE: Watched the game again - The liquidator - 01-03-2020

Bartley was head and shoulders motm followed by matheus his touch and how he draws a foul is bang on and for his young age he is a full on shithouse he puts his foot in and works his bollocks off . People moaning about Phillip's but my god he puts a shift in remember he is a thick set lad so no wonder he is blowing a bit but make no mistake he is our most dangerous forward he scares defences with his directness .

RE: Watched the game again - Mancbaggies - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 10:11 PM)Squid Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 09:54 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote:

I agree. I think some fans were expecting us to blown them away and there was a negative reaction when We didn't, but actually we held our own very well and had by far the better chances.

You are absolutely right there

RE: Watched the game again - Cuzer - 01-03-2020

(01-03-2020, 09:56 PM)Lightnin Wrote:

Go back before the Leeds game. Boro from a set piece, Barnsley scored from us not picking up the midfield runner (Pereira let him go). Brentford from a cross, Blues from 2 crosses. We give away a lot of chances.

I do wonder whether zonal marking works from set pieces and I also worry about our full backs not being able to win headers. Literally, 2 tall players in the team and that’s it.

I’d watch that again Lightnin pal, Barnsley goal was all Sawyers, Furlong pointed to him to close down the cross, he didn’t leaving the guy who set the goal up in acres, the fault was there long before the ball came into the box

Cuzer