WBAUnofficial
When you think.... - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: When you think.... (/showthread.php?tid=6863)

Pages: 1 2

When you think.... - Dumbo - 10-05-2019

We’ve just come off the back of our first loss, Cardiff are 7 unbeaten and have just come down from the   PL....that’s a fucking cracking result.

I thought we were brilliant. All round. A sloppy 10 minutes where we conceded twice and Slav won’t be happy with that. 

Quality Albion, quality.

RE: When you think.... - MassDebater - 10-05-2019

Totally agree.

RE: When you think.... - Sliced - 10-05-2019

The players we have work so well together. We play to their individual strengths but each member function's well in the team. I don't want to get carried away but this could be a fantastic season, and the personnel in this team generally seem sustainable.

RE: When you think.... - Kit Kat Chunky - 10-05-2019

(10-05-2019, 05:33 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Bilic has very quickly done well with what is a new squad to him which has had several outgoing and incoming - some very late in the day. A very tough and tight division with 3 points between us top and QPR about ninth I think. But Bilic may well be our best bit of business in a while and we might make a good effort not just for top 6 but for automatic promotion. And in entertaining style too. Not counting chickens though but it is refreshing the work of Moore and co bringing back playing good football is continuing and seems to be in very capable hands.

it looks really good. He wasn't happy with the goals conceded, but we look a far better and balanced squad than last year.

RE: When you think.... - MassDebater - 10-05-2019

I think the main difference between this and most other seasons is that we are no longer 2 or 3 good players, but are a cohesive and united unit. I still think the ref had a huge part in their opener, need to see a replay, but to me he looked to have blocked 2 of our players, or at least confused them a lot.

RE: When you think.... - WWHO - 10-05-2019

(10-05-2019, 06:02 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I think the main difference between this and most other seasons is that we are no longer 2 or 3 good players, but are a cohesive and united unit. I still think the ref had a huge part in their opener, need to see a replay, but to me he looked to have blocked 2 of our players, or at least confused them a lot.

I also look at Swansea, Forest, Preston, QPR, Wednesday and Bristol is that although they have a strong first team, they have a much weaker squad than ourselves.  I'm not sure these teams have the squad to cope with a couple of injuries (or sales in January).  On the other hand, we have a couple of players for each position, plus the wriggle room to add a couple of new additions in the transfer window.

The likes of Cardiff and Fulham have the squads but, in the latter's case they don't have the manager.  As for the former, i saw nothing off them today to suggest they'll be contenders for the two automatic spots.

RE: When you think.... - Dumbo - 10-05-2019

(10-05-2019, 05:37 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 05:33 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Bilic has very quickly done well with what is a new squad to him which has had several outgoing and incoming - some very late in the day. A very tough and tight division with 3 points between us top and QPR about ninth I think. But Bilic may well be our best bit of business in a while and we might make a good effort not just for top 6 but for automatic promotion. And in entertaining style too. Not counting chickens though but it is refreshing the work of Moore and co bringing back playing good football is continuing and seems to be in very capable hands.

it looks really good. He wasn't happy with the goals conceded, but we look a far better and balanced squad than last year.

Correct.

RE: When you think.... - Ampadu's Left Boot - 10-05-2019

I believe Fulham and ourselves have the best teams and squads in the division and if any team can finish above just one they will be promoted.

I don't think any of them will though, I wouldn't swap our squad for any other and I'm very confident in our chances.

RE: When you think.... - TETLEY74 - 10-05-2019

I feel happier and more confident now that at any time last season tbh we are a joy to watch at the Moment and we are still evolving, cut out the slopy mistakes and the lack of Co centration at times and the over playing when in and around the opposition box and we will cause mayhem in this division, so far the signs look good and healthy.

RE: When you think.... - Remi_Moses - 10-05-2019

Our supporters are overdue some good times, even last season we never had a confident squad, more of 2 or 3 good players.
Players wise, even our automatic picks last season are struggling to make the bench, clearly showing our strength and depth today.
Our faith and trust in Bilic is an amazing turn around. Long may it continue.