WBAUnofficial
Academy - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Academy (/showthread.php?tid=6715)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Academy - Super_Slav - 09-28-2019

(09-28-2019, 02:56 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 02:44 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Such a proud moment for the Academy today. Ferguson brilliant and Edwards was great when he came on too. Bilic continues to name check O’Shea in his interviews, another good prospect too.

Shame Rogers left as IMO he would have been doing as well as Ferguson in this team.

Still think from the 2001/2002 group - 3 or 4 will breakthrough. Keep an eye on Azaz, Soule and Tulloch

Really?  You've never alluded to that before.

Seriously though, is there any evidence that Rogers would have even got a start, considering his age?

Sorry. Dog on a bone with that one.

Mate, he is phenomenal. He would have played left side (Diang/Edwards) position in this team. The best attacking talent I think the club has produced. See his record at Eng U17 compared to Mason Greenwood (who is good, but Rogers better IMO).

Also matthew smith who came on for qpr (on Loan from Man City) was poached from our academy in 2013. Redditch born. Already been called 7 times by wales. Will become a very good player (Centre mid).

RE: Academy - WWHO - 09-28-2019

(09-28-2019, 03:07 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 02:44 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Such a proud moment for the Academy today. Ferguson brilliant and Edwards was great when he came on too. Bilic continues to name check O’Shea in his interviews, another good prospect too.

Shame Rogers left as IMO he would have been doing as well as Ferguson in this team.

Still think from the 2001/2002 group - 3 or 4 will breakthrough. Keep an eye on Azaz, Soule and Tulloch

Seriously though, is there any evidence that Rogers would have even got a start, considering his age?

Mate, he is phenomenal. He would have played left side (Diang/Edwards) position in this team. The best attacking talent I think the club has produced. See his record at Eng U17 compared to Mason Greenwood (who is good, but Rogers better IMO).

Also matthew smith who came on for qpr (on Loan from Man City) was poached from our academy in 2013. Redditch born. Already been called 7 times by wales. Will become a very good player (Centre mid).

So, being as Bilic has said that he sees 5 players fighting it out for the 2 wide spots, you think Rogers would have competed with the others?

I can't comment on Rogers' current ability as i have, admittedly, never seen him play, but i struggle to see how he would have got much game time this season.

RE: Academy - Super_Slav - 09-28-2019

(09-28-2019, 03:10 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 03:07 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:

So, being as Bilic has said that he sees 5 players fighting it out for the 2 wide spots, you think Rogers would have competed with the others?

I can't comment on Rogers' current ability as i have, admittedly, never seen him play, but i struggle to see how he would have got much game time this season.

Rogers would have been competing for the three spots behind the focal point. He can play anywhere as an attacking midfielder. I just think in this set up he would have been more suited as the left sided option. IMO Rogers staying would have meant we wouldn’t have signed Willock (Who seems a club signing/project).