WBAUnofficial
Suspended Parliament - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Politics (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Suspended Parliament (/showthread.php?tid=6309)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Suspended Parliament - Duffers - 08-28-2019

Just when you thought this couldn’t become any more of a fiasco...

RE: Suspended Parliament - baggy1 - 08-28-2019

It defies belief to be honest - I've got to the stage where I'm willing to say 'go on then' so that we can see how much of a fuck up this will become. I really hope I'm wrong but there are so many negatives or, at best, unknowns in all of this.

I want to retire in the next decade - will the value of my pensions, that I have been ploughing money into, allow me to do that comfortably. I like to take holidays abroad but am already feeling the extra cost of the weak pound. My kids are both starting out in life and getting good footings in the world but how will any change in business investment in the UK affect them? Who knows, it might all work out well, but based on the indicators of the way the leave has been carried out, I have no faith whatsoever that the politicians are interested in anything apart from taking an almighty gamble to see if they win. And if they lose, hey ho, they'll just disappear and leave us to clean up with the next version of austerity.

RE: Suspended Parliament - Duffers - 08-28-2019

I thought Brexit was about regaining sovereignty and democracy... How does shutting down Parliament reflect that exactly?

RE: Suspended Parliament - Cunninghamismagic - 08-28-2019

Have to laugh at the irony behind the likes of Greive, Swinson, Soubry etc claiming it is anti democratic when they have spent the last 3 years trying to overturn the largest vote in British democratically history.

RE: Suspended Parliament - ColliersWoodBaggie - 08-28-2019

(08-28-2019, 04:05 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Have to laugh at the irony behind the likes of Greive, Swinson, Soubry etc claiming it is anti democratic when they have spent the last 3 years trying to overturn the largest vote in British democratically history.

A vote which as we know, had fuck all to do with democracy. Since when have the British Establishment, people like Rees Mogg and Johnson cared about that? Liars and manipulators. Cunts to a man.

(08-28-2019, 03:53 PM)baggy1 Wrote: It defies belief to be honest - I've got to the stage where I'm willing to say 'go on then' so that we can see how much of a fuck up this will become. I really hope I'm wrong but there are so many negatives or, at best, unknowns in all of this.

I want to retire in the next decade - will the value of my pensions, that I have been ploughing money into, allow me to do that comfortably. I like to take holidays abroad but am already feeling the extra cost of the weak pound. My kids are both starting out in life and getting good footings in the world but how will any change in business investment in the UK affect them? Who knows, it might all work out well, but based on the indicators of the way the leave has been carried out, I have no faith whatsoever that the politicians are interested in anything apart from taking an almighty gamble to see if they win. And if they lose, hey ho, they'll just disappear and leave us to clean up with the next version of austerity.

Exactly what Cameron did. Good post though.

RE: Suspended Parliament - Derek Hardballs - 08-28-2019

(08-28-2019, 04:05 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Have to laugh at the irony behind the likes of Greive, Swinson, Soubry etc claiming it is anti democratic when they have spent the last 3 years trying to overturn the largest vote in British democratically history.

CIM you are the epitome of the average Brexit voter...

RE: Suspended Parliament - foreveralbion - 08-28-2019

hasnt parliament just been shut for over six weeks?

was there a rush from mps to keep it open over summer?

this whole brexit thing needs ending quickly.

gone on way to long now

RE: Suspended Parliament - Duffers - 08-28-2019

They should print that on a bus.

RE: Suspended Parliament - baggy1 - 08-28-2019

At worst they have been trying to get parliament to put the vote to the people again with more facts, hardly trying to overturn it. Johnson has basically stopped the opportunity for parliament to challenge him with tough questions. 

You've become so blind in getting Brexit through you don't care for the consequences. One of the unintentional consequences will be the fall apart of the Tory party as they move further to the right to appease the extremities of their party.

RE: Suspended Parliament - Derek Hardballs - 08-28-2019

(08-28-2019, 04:22 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

At worst they have been trying to get parliament to put the vote to the people again with more facts, hardly trying to overturn it. Johnson has basically stopped the opportunity for parliament to challenge him with tough questions. 

You've become so blind in getting Brexit through you don't care for the consequences. One of the unintentional consequences will be the fall apart of the Tory party as they move further to the right to appease the extremities of their party.

So there are sunlit uplands afterall