WBAUnofficial
Rondon - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Rondon (/showthread.php?tid=5050)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rondon - Lightnin - 06-14-2019

Is anybody else of the thinking that we may well have him for next sesaon? I really can't see anyone stumping up the cash when he's just got the 1 year left on his contract.

I guess if we have a chance of being promoted we might be able to convince him to stay or he'll walk for nothing if promotion doesn't look likely. One thing for certain though is that he's not the kind of player to sulk if the move doesn't happen. It'd be nice to see him play with other players around him for once rather than none within 40 yards if it happens.

Knowing our luck though he'll stay and fire us to the top of the league for some bugger to buy him on a cut price deal in January and leave us wanting for the next 6 months.

RE: Rondon - Duffers - 06-14-2019

When does his clause expire? If he’s firing us into contention then we don’t sell at any price in January and let him leave for nothing if he wants to.

RE: Rondon - aj21 - 06-14-2019

Absolutely no chance. He was brilliant for Newcastle, plenty of teams will fork out 16 million for a proven Premier League striker

RE: Rondon - Dumbo - 06-14-2019

No chance. Someone will deffo meet his release clause. (NUFC or Wolves).

Still just hoping we can come to an arrangement with Toon to see Gayle come back as part of the deal. Granted the clause muddies the waters.

RE: Rondon - baggiebloke - 06-14-2019

Rondon will be gone gone gone...

RE: Rondon - cosmicted - 06-14-2019

Bet he cant wait for Barnsley 8pm Monday night in January.

RE: Rondon - Jimmy Jazz - 06-14-2019

(06-14-2019, 09:16 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Is anybody else of the thinking that we may well have him for next sesaon? I really can't see anyone stumping up the cash when he's just got the 1 year left on his contract.

I guess if we have a chance of being promoted we might be able to convince him to stay or he'll walk for nothing if promotion doesn't look likely. One thing for certain though is that he's not the kind of player to sulk if the move doesn't happen. It'd be nice to see him play with other players around him for once rather than none within 40 yards if it happens.

Knowing our luck though he'll stay and fire us to the top of the league for some bugger to buy him on a cut price deal in January and leave us wanting for the next 6 months.
Funny

RE: Rondon - Baggiejacko - 06-14-2019

The transfer merry go round still has the covers on from its last slumber.

RE: Rondon - Squid - 06-14-2019

(06-14-2019, 09:27 AM)Dumbo Wrote: No chance. Someone will deffo meet his release clause. (NUFC or Wolves).

Still just hoping we can come to an arrangement with Toon to see Gayle come back as part of the deal. Granted the clause muddies the waters.

Gayle did like our managerial appointment on Instagram.

RE: Rondon - Remi_Moses - 06-14-2019

Rondon is back in SA atm, I'm sure his agent will be lining up a choice of clubs him to consider.
Newcastle - Wolves - Everton have rumored to have already enquired - the dingles apparently offering the £16.5 m release clause.
No gossip from Europe as yet, but they will be keeping tabs on events that's for sure.