WBAUnofficial
Will Oliver Burke be given a chance next season - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Will Oliver Burke be given a chance next season (/showthread.php?tid=3489)

Pages: 1 2 3

Will Oliver Burke be given a chance next season - KfordBaggie - 04-25-2019

Think it all depends on who the new manager will be. But 4 goals from 10 starts while in loan at Celtic aint a bad return. We didn't invest £15 million for nothing. Ok he's all pace, but with right coaching, could be a great player. Get a David Wagner, or Slavisa Jokanovic coaching him, be a good player. Cool

RE: Will Oliver Burke be given a chance next season - HeathAyIt - 04-25-2019

I hoped all of the above for a while but he is League one at best. Headless chicken.

RE: Will Oliver Burke be given a chance next season - KfordBaggie - 04-25-2019

(04-25-2019, 09:09 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: I hoped all of the above for a while but he is League one at best. Headless chicken.

Think with a right coach, be a good player, like a Wagner or Jokanovic, both forward thinking managers. Thing with him is, we had awful managers, while he's been here. Mind think his attitude ain't the best.

RE: Will Oliver Burke be given a chance next season - coxy134 - 04-25-2019

He's crap positional awareness is nil. expensive lazy signing, nothing more to be said.

(04-25-2019, 09:14 PM)coxy134 Wrote: He's crap positional awareness is nil. expensive lazy signing, nothing more to be said.

Never had a decent tactical manager, played well with Rodgers on loan at Celtic. This is why, if it was Wagner or Jokanovic, who get the job, think could bring the best out of him.

RE: Will Oliver Burke be given a chance next season - Sliced - 04-25-2019

He's just turned 22 so has a decent amount of development left. If he was "one of our own" he'd be afforded the patience that the others are.

I remember when a 22 year old Nabi couldn't get a game for Delhi and yet the general consensus was "we never give youth a chance, we should at least be bringing him on". Burke was basically playing as Celtics number 9 at a younger age and he shouldn't be given time to develop according to our fans. The same fans that are pissed off that Burke said he'd rather stay at Celtic, where he's one of their main strikers, than fail to get on the bench at Albion. How anyone is surprised by this is baffling

(04-25-2019, 09:22 PM)Sliced Wrote: He's just turned 22 so has a decent amount of development left. If he was "one of our own" he'd be afforded the patience that the others are.

I remember when a 22 year old Nabi couldn't get a game for Delhi and yet the general consensus was "we never give youth a chance, we should at least be bringing him on". Burke was basically playing as Celtics number 9 at a younger age and he shouldn't be given time to develop according to our fans. The same fans that are pissed off that Burke said he'd rather stay at Celtic, where he's one of their main strikers, than fail to get on the bench at Albion. How anyone is surprised by this is baffling
Very well said, could be used as a striker with us, would offer a lot more than the useless Hal Robson Kanu. Get a good coach in, Wagner or Jokanovic, see him flurish.

RE: Will Oliver Burke be given a chance next season - Duffers - 04-25-2019

I want him to be good but I fear he isn’t.

RE: Will Oliver Burke be given a chance next season - Boutros - 04-25-2019

Are you Jokanovic & Wagners agent or just got a hard on for them?

RE: Will Oliver Burke be given a chance next season - Statto - 04-25-2019

He's awful and hasn't shone for Celtic who are a team of flat track bullies in a dogshit standard, even after a promising start.

Now we are saying he's a pacey wide man allegedly good with the ball at his feet who never had a chance to shine because he didn't have a decent tactical manager? Harvey Barnes has no problem shining and for £15m I'd expect a similar impact in the Championship from Burke. We saw nothing but a headless chicken.

Fuck him off for as much as we can get ASAP. He's a classic example of a player who has shone in age group football thanks to a couple of one dimensional attributes - his pace and power. He can't even control the ball while he's dribbling and you need a bit more about you if you want to play at first team level at a good standard.