WBAUnofficial
Marzipan - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Marzipan (/showthread.php?tid=32311)

Pages: 1 2 3

Marzipan - Fido - 01-12-2024

Wife has just paid customs duty on a huge tray of chocolate marzipan, a shit scarf and a perfume that smells like cat piss that she got from a colleague as a Xmas pressie. She’s a little gutted but ideal for me being the only person in the house that likes marzipan. 

Should just go and buy a block of the stuff, to be honest. Bostin’.

RE: Marzipan - Protheroe - 01-12-2024

(01-12-2024, 01:48 PM)Fido Wrote: Wife has just paid customs duty on a huge tray of chocolate marzipan, a shit scarf and a perfume that smells like cat piss that she got from a colleague as a Xmas pressie. She’s a little gutted but ideal for me being the only person in the house that likes marzipan. 

Should just go and buy a block of the stuff, to be honest. Bostin’.

Stick these, or preferably the plum ones in the freezer then eat them. You'll thank me.

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

RE: Marzipan - Fido - 01-12-2024

The cherry one will do fine.

RE: Marzipan - NewWanker - 01-12-2024

You bastuds, I'm on a diet and you start this up with photos, of one of my favourite confections!

RE: Marzipan - Squid - 01-12-2024

I've just looked for the cherry ones online and the only people selling them are scalpers on Ebay wanting £18 for two boxes!

(01-12-2024, 04:07 PM)Squid Wrote: I've just looked for the cherry ones online and the only people selling them are scalpers on Ebay wanting £18 for two boxes!

Proth will be telling us shortly "I told you to get on these". Worth their weight in gold, apparently.

RE: Marzipan - NewWanker - 01-12-2024

Hang on is there a marzipan shortage or something? Those in the pics are Aldi's? £2 a box or so normally.

RE: Marzipan - Tom Joad - 01-12-2024

Marzipan is the work of the devil. Be told.

RE: Marzipan - CarlosCorbewrong - 01-12-2024

(01-12-2024, 04:34 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Marzipan is the work of the devil. Be told.

Yep.  And Turkish Delight is rhymming slang for shite, for good reason.

(01-12-2024, 04:34 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Marzipan is the work of the devil. Be told.

More for the rest of us with a good sense of taste, I reckon.

I used to work with a Portuguese girl from Alentejo where they make a lot marzipan. Her Mom would send her a box of little marzipan mice every couple of weeks or so as a "taste of home" and she'd hand them straight to me as she hated the stuff.

(01-12-2024, 04:37 PM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote:

Yep.  And Turkish Delight is rhymming slang for shite, for good reason.

Absolutely fuggin horrible stuff. I'd not had any for years (might have been sometime in the 80s when I mis-chose from a box of Quality Street) until we had a long weekend in Istanbul and thought I'd have to give it another bash. When in Istanbul, and all that. It was some kind of rosewater-flavoured stuff I was given as a taster and had to turn away from the guy to spit it into my hand. Made up for it with him by clearing out all of his baklava stock though.