WBAUnofficial
Sign the petition to Revoke Article 50. - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Politics (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Sign the petition to Revoke Article 50. (/showthread.php?tid=2906)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Sign the petition to Revoke Article 50. - LockHard - 03-21-2019

My view (as a remainer) was that the vote was won by the Brexiteers and we should go. But this has turned into such a disaster I think we should Revoke 50.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/

RE: Sign the petition to Revoke Article 50. - SausEggBaton - 03-21-2019

If they revoke artical 50 there will be a near civil war in this country as they will have basically removed democracy and democratic voting.

Ridiculous poll, we're leaving, get over it.

RE: Sign the petition to Revoke Article 50. - cornishbaggie - 03-21-2019

(03-21-2019, 04:37 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: If they revoke artical 50 there will be a near civil war in this country as they will have basically removed democracy and democratic voting.

I fear that has already happened.

RE: Sign the petition to Revoke Article 50. - baggy1 - 03-21-2019

(03-21-2019, 04:37 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: If they revoke artical 50 there will be a near civil war in this country as they will have basically removed democracy and democratic voting.

The biggest irony of all of this is that the ones that are shouting about democratic voting are the very ones that don't want a vote to make sure we still want to do this.

RE: Sign the petition to Revoke Article 50. - strawman - 03-21-2019

(03-21-2019, 05:25 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

The biggest irony of all of this is that the ones that are shouting about democratic voting are the very ones that don't want a vote to make sure we still want to do this.

That is because the result of the vote has not been implemented. When we have a democratic vote we implement it (or should do), then change our minds next time if we want. If we vote in the Tories or Labour then we implement that decision. We don't have another vote to say are you sure you still want Labour/Tories, we implement the decision of the majority.

RE: Sign the petition to Revoke Article 50. - SausEggBaton - 03-21-2019

I'll just leave this here.

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-majority-conservative-and-labour-constituencies-vote-leave-eu-referendum/

RE: Sign the petition to Revoke Article 50. - Cunninghamismagic - 03-21-2019

(03-21-2019, 02:37 PM)LockHard Wrote: My view (as a remainer) is that I can't accept defeat and have spent the last 3 years crying like a baby

Edited for you

RE: Sign the petition to Revoke Article 50. - cornishbaggie - 03-21-2019

(03-21-2019, 05:25 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

Actually that's not quite true, now we all know a vote counts for nothing anymore and democracy has gone, have as many as you want, fill your boots if it makes you feel good.

RE: Sign the petition to Revoke Article 50. - LockHard - 03-21-2019

(03-21-2019, 06:15 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 02:37 PM)LockHard Wrote: My view (as a remainer) is that I can't accept defeat and have spent the last 3 years crying like a baby

Edited for you

You can change anything you like. Brexiteers won and I have no problem with that. Show me one post where I have disputed the vote. 

I worry that alt-right swivel eyed loons like yourself will get some advantage from a remain position. 

But the clear disaster the Tories have achieved has to be reversed. We should leave but with a deal.

RE: Sign the petition to Revoke Article 50. - Borin' Baggie - 03-21-2019

(03-21-2019, 07:42 PM)LockHard Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 06:15 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Edited for you

You can change anything you like. Brexiteers won and I have no problem with that. Show me one post where I have disputed the vote. 

I worry that alt-right swivel eyed loons like yourself will get some advantage from a remain position. 

But the clear disaster the Tories have achieved has to be reversed. We should leave but with a deal.

Alt-right? Do you know what that means?