WBAUnofficial
Albion Assembly - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Albion Assembly (/showthread.php?tid=21481)

Pages: 1 2

Albion Assembly - karlalb10n - 09-21-2021

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/albion-assembly-meeting-minutes-september-2021?fbclid=IwAR3YGDVrfvVSbzXOhD5iCrpc1XhgY-xufXrbF5cH_yNq-y0yEQ-ZV0bz5Lw

Sounds to me like this is a waste of time. Too many negatives. Shit transport links, shit parking, shit roads etc. Get the local councillor involved to address some of the concerns. Explore possibility of sub-letting car parks and stewarding them. Albion closed fan-zone to save £250k. Could they not sub let to an outdoor entertainment outfit? Everything (ticket office, club shop) is all cost cutting. I also think Friday's crowd will be sub 20K

RE: Albion Assembly - Cunninghamismagic - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 09:33 AM)karlalb10n Wrote: https://www.wba.co.uk/news/albion-assembly-meeting-minutes-september-2021?fbclid=IwAR3YGDVrfvVSbzXOhD5iCrpc1XhgY-xufXrbF5cH_yNq-y0yEQ-ZV0bz5Lw

Sounds to me like this is a waste of time. Too many negatives. Shit transport links, shit parking, shit roads etc. Get the local councillor involved to address some of the concerns. Explore possibility of sub-letting car parks and stewarding them. Albion closed fan-zone to save £250k. Could they not sub let to an outdoor entertainment outfit? Everything (ticket office, club shop) is all cost cutting. I also think Friday's crowd will be sub 20K

Imagine QPR will bring a healthy number of fans. Don't think we have sunk below 20k for any league game in 20 years (non attending ST holders are still included in the attendance).

RE: Albion Assembly - richbaggie - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 09:33 AM)karlalb10n Wrote: https://www.wba.co.uk/news/albion-assembly-meeting-minutes-september-2021?fbclid=IwAR3YGDVrfvVSbzXOhD5iCrpc1XhgY-xufXrbF5cH_yNq-y0yEQ-ZV0bz5Lw

We talked about setting up a separate group to take forward the transport/car park issues. Little can be achieved by way of looking for solutions on a 2 hour meeting with 20 odd other agenda items. 
I'd look to be part of that and would hopefully include other parties such as highways agencies and travel companies.

As for sub letting car parks. I doubt companies like East End Foods would be happy to do that. 

As for the cost cutting, given the shit finances pretty much everywhere, it's hardly surprising to me. Doesn't mean we can't work with club to chip away at things we can effect.

RE: Albion Assembly - Cuzer - 09-21-2021

Is East End foods now back open on matchdays or not? Why they would want to stop this the revenue they brought in is beyond me, did the club ask them to close it down Rich or take ownership? Seems strange

I noticed the club has told all surrounding car parks to charge £10, I presume they must have some hold over these places? I park on the DHL distribution centre, not far from where the Fire Station training centre is, always been £5, increased to £10 from Milwall onwards

Cuzer

(09-21-2021, 03:07 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Is East End foods now back open on matchdays or not? Why they would want to stop this the revenue they brought in is beyond me, did the club ask them to close it down Rich or take ownership? Seems strange

I noticed the club has told all surrounding car parks to charge £10, I presume they must have some hold over these places? I park on the DHL distribution centre, not far from where the Fire Station training centre is, always been £5, increased to £10 from Milwall onwards

Cuzer

New owners of East Stand don't want their car park being used. Club certainly didn't ask them to close it.

Club also hasn't told car parks to charge a tenner. Not sure where you have that from. They don't have any control over what they charge and were clear on this when I asked why other areas had pushed up prices.

RE: Albion Assembly - Hopalong - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 03:27 PM)richbaggie Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 03:07 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Is East End foods now back open on matchdays or not? Why they would want to stop this the revenue they brought in is beyond me, did the club ask them to close it down Rich or take ownership? Seems strange

Cuzer

New owners of East Stand don't want their car park being used. Club certainly didn't ask them to close it.

Club also hasn't told car parks to charge a tenner. Not sure where you have that from. They don't have any control over what they charge and were clear on this when I asked why other areas had pushed up prices.

Lai trousered more money?  Rolleyes    Wink

Bring back the trams!  Seriously, 121 years at the Hawthorns and TfWM, Sadwell MBC, the Police and the Club still can't find a sensible match-day solution.     

RE: Albion Assembly - Tom Joad - 09-21-2021

Cuzer

I wasn't aware East End had changed hands? Isn't it still a family business?

(09-21-2021, 03:38 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

Cuzer

There's been some change there I am told. Assumed new owners.

RE: Albion Assembly - Cuzer - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 04:18 PM)richbaggie Wrote:

Cuzer

Yeah I thought it was a family business, must be rolling in it as I dare to think what they pocketed from that on match days

A lot of the car parks now Rich have the Albion crest on them and say "Offical club parking" or words to that effect on the banner, the one I use at DHL certainly does, it's gone up to £10 just as the club posted out on the OS about matchday parking

Cuzer

(09-21-2021, 04:40 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 04:18 PM)richbaggie Wrote:

Cuzer

Yeah I thought it was a family business, must be rolling in it as I dare to think what they pocketed from that on match days

A lot of the car parks now Rich have the Albion crest on them and say "Offical club parking" or words to that effect on the banner, the one I use at DHL certainly does, it's gone up to £10 just as the club posted out on the OS about matchday parking

Cuzer
There is a link on the Albion website to a site advertising parking but they aren't the clubs sites and don't have any control on pricing. They are labelled official parking and guessing using the crest. 

https://hawthornsparking.co.uk/