WBAUnofficial
After initial WTF I'm actually warming to the idea of Wagner... - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: After initial WTF I'm actually warming to the idea of Wagner... (/showthread.php?tid=18359)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

After initial WTF I'm actually warming to the idea of Wagner... - Cunninghamismagic - 06-08-2021

Least we can do is give the guy a chance. With one of the lowest budgets in the Championship he managed to get a Huddersfield side promoted with as many points as Albion got under Mowbray when we won the league in 2008.

RE: After initial WTF I'm actually warming to the idea of Wagner... - Duffers - 06-08-2021

Indeed. All he’s done is apply for a job, not his fault he’s actually been given it.

Looks like he’s in now, may as well get behind him.

RE: After initial WTF I'm actually warming to the idea of Wagner... - SausEggBaton - 06-08-2021

I'm going fence sit till we inevitably fuck up, then moan.

RE: After initial WTF I'm actually warming to the idea of Wagner... - HLS - 06-09-2021

Agreed. No disappointment from me. It's certainly the wildcard option but there's no reason it can't work out well. The only issue is that if the rumours are true that it's all gone tits up in the boardroom then it half ruins the decent foundation we have.

Otherwise, welcome to the Hawthorns, Mr Wagner.

RE: After initial WTF I'm actually warming to the idea of Wagner... - clem4england - 06-09-2021

His first two seasons at Huddersfield were Manager of the Year stuff; it is what happened after that worries me.

RE: After initial WTF I'm actually warming to the idea of Wagner... - Johnnykayeengland - 06-09-2021

Two years ago we'd have been delighted to get him...he obviously has talent.
Could be worse...is not very inspiring but hey, this is the Albion.
How long will he get under this regime?

RE: After initial WTF I'm actually warming to the idea of Wagner... - Birdman1811 - 06-09-2021

I wouldn't say I'm warm to the idea.

But I wish him well and am totally behind him, I don't have any issue with him, like if we'd appointed John Terry.

RE: After initial WTF I'm actually warming to the idea of Wagner... - Spandaubaggie - 06-09-2021

(06-09-2021, 06:39 AM)clem4england Wrote: His first two seasons at Huddersfield were Manager of the Year stuff; it is what happened after that worries me.

Trying to be measured, after being underwhelmed, getting Huddersfield to the Prem was some achievement after they'd been filed away for years with Blackpool and Preston in Pathe News reels.

Keeping a team in the Prem is a hugely different beast to promotion without a very strong infrastructure, and many bigger clubs than them with better prestige and more money have failed in similar fashion. Once their limited resources had been stretched and confidence went the wheels came off, but that's the way it goes.

Schalke it appears had huge problems behind the scenes.

I just hope he hits the ground running though as I think patience could be in short supply after the season we've just had. The talk of Lai being behind this too isn't going to help Wagner.

As I said before, I'll always back the manager and players in the shirt as I want the Albion to win.

RE: After initial WTF I'm actually warming to the idea of Wagner... - fbaggy - 06-09-2021

our very own mini Klopp what's not to like..........oh

RE: After initial WTF I'm actually warming to the idea of Wagner... - Cunningham1979 - 06-09-2021

It’s always worth reminding yourself that the VAST majority of Albion fans are neither contributing to this dump nor whining on FB or Twitter. I have spoken to three separately since last night, that all fall into that category 

They all think it is a decent appointment and I tend to agree. I would have preferred Wilder but I understand Lai’s reasoning for blocking that one. 

I wish him well and will be supportive!