WBAUnofficial
Big Sam - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Big Sam (/showthread.php?tid=15931)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Big Sam - MozzasRocket - 03-04-2021

We genuinely do pass the ball loads better and look a much better team under Sam. Or as some call him ‘Bfs’ or ‘Fat Sam’, or the arrogant so and so.

I want him to stay. To me the goal looked onside and would’ve been before VAR. Gutting. But it’s great to see grit and fight.

I hope Sam stays.

RE: Big Sam - Dumbo - 03-04-2021

I’m coming round to the idea of it.

We are looking much much better.

The lino still put his flag up, so think it still would have been given offside without VAR.

RE: Big Sam - MrFizz - 03-04-2021

VAR didnt disallow it. The lino (correctly) gave it offside. VAR just confirmed his decision was correct.

But i do agree about our football.

RE: Big Sam - steviedm - 03-04-2021

If that had been a 'real' football match (i.e. no VAR), the lino would have flagged and the goal would have been ruled out instantly. It's what happens when offsides are spotted. VAR therefore had no bearing on it and only would have ruined it had the lino not flagged. So I'm not as gutted by that decision as I would have been if the goal had been given and then disallowed once the rulers had been brought out.

RE: Big Sam - Cunninghamismagic - 03-04-2021

Just seen an image. Looked onside. No idea how VAR work on where the line is drawn.

RE: Big Sam - Shabby Russian - 03-04-2021

Big decision for the club in the summer.

I have not been someone who has rubbished Allardyce on here as many have, but I remained far from convinced that he would be the man I would want to manage us in the championship.

Would we be able to bring in the players he would want, I'm not sure he would make much effort to work with our home grown produced players, and there is a number of players who he is overlooking who I think he would have to work with in the championship.

RE: Big Sam - Big Daddy Cool - 03-04-2021

I don't think he'll have the appetite for managing in the Championship.

RE: Big Sam - Cuzer - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 08:35 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: I don't think he'll have the appetite for managing in the Championship.

Appetite is one thing he doesn’t struggle with......

Cuzer

RE: Big Sam - wba13 - 03-04-2021

(03-04-2021, 08:06 PM)MrFizz Wrote: VAR didnt disallow it. The lino (correctly) gave it offside. VAR just confirmed his decision was correct.

But i do agree about our football.

Not sure on the offside for me , the frames seem to be after the ball was kicked,  it looked to me as the ball was kicked he was level. Might just be my bias though. It was bloody close. Just watched Chelsea have one disallowed for offside and it’s the same as Albion looked on as it was kicked.

RE: Big Sam - Everything Zin - 03-04-2021

I accept that Allardyce has us looking more solid though I suspect that's as much due to having Okay in the side than any coaching , but in the Championship to get promotion we need to be winning games rather than just being hard to beat. We've had several "must win" games in the last few weeks but I've seen nothing to suggest that he can set us up to win.