WBAUnofficial
Snodgrass incident. - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Snodgrass incident. (/showthread.php?tid=15571)

Pages: 1 2

Snodgrass incident. - Huggybear - 02-07-2021

There was an incident in the match today where Snodgrass was on the ground and his raised legs went into the Tottenham player almost identical to the Pereira incident earlier in the season for which he was sent off.Hardly mentioned on commentary but again the inconsistency is unbelievable.By the way I don’t think either incident deserved a sending off but again there is no way anyone knows what they are going to give or let VAR have a look at.Also the minimum contact on Mo Salah where he threw himself to the ground to get a penalty was total cheating in today’s Man City match.

RE: Snodgrass incident. - Stevel Knievel - 02-07-2021

If we’d have been one nil up, guarantee VAR would have given a red. 

The fact we were 2-0 down and no threat, is why the cheating bastards @ Stockley Park decided they didn’t need to cheat on this occasion

RE: Snodgrass incident. - Pragmatist - 02-07-2021

(02-07-2021, 10:10 PM)Huggybear Wrote: There was an incident in the match today where Snodgrass was on the ground and his raised legs went into the Tottenham player almost identical to the Pereira incident earlier in the season for which he was sent off.Hardly mentioned on commentary but again the inconsistency is unbelievable.By the way I don’t think either incident deserved a sending off but again there is no way anyone knows what they are going to give or let VAR have a look at.Also the minimum contact on Mo Salah where he threw himself to the ground to get a penalty was total cheating in today’s Man City match.

I feared the worst when it happened today as it was actually more blatant than the Pereira incident

RE: Snodgrass incident. - dublinalbion - 02-07-2021

(02-07-2021, 11:25 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 10:10 PM)Huggybear Wrote: There was an incident in the match today where Snodgrass was on the ground and his raised legs went into the Tottenham player almost identical to the Pereira incident earlier in the season for which he was sent off.Hardly mentioned on commentary but again the inconsistency is unbelievable.By the way I don’t think either incident deserved a sending off but again there is no way anyone knows what they are going to give or let VAR have a look at.Also the minimum contact on Mo Salah where he threw himself to the ground to get a penalty was total cheating in today’s Man City match.

I feared the worst when it happened today as it was actually more blatant than the Pereira incident

Same here. I thought he was a dead cert to get a red card.

RE: Snodgrass incident. - Shabby Russian - 02-08-2021

Well as the Perreria red card was one of the worst decisions of the season i felt like i should be confident there was nothing to be concerned about.

Sadly i think the Soucek incident the night before and the reaction to it was a key factor in Snodgrass being red carded.

RE: Snodgrass incident. - Atomic - 02-08-2021

Neither the Pereira one nor the Snodgrass one should've been red cards. The rules are utterly mad at the moment. Is tackling even allowed now? They've gone too far with the rules.

RE: Snodgrass incident. - Psalm23 - 02-08-2021

I'm now slowly coming to the conclusion that VAR is fucking shit.    Rolleyes

RE: Snodgrass incident. - baggiebloke - 02-08-2021

VAR.

What a missed opportunity. (Being polite)

RE: Snodgrass incident. - baggy1 - 02-08-2021

As said above as soon as I saw the Snodgrass incident I thought it was exactly the same, looking at the replay he was a bit cleverer in leaving his foot where the player would run into rather than Pereria who put a bit of spring into the motion. Fine margins but neither should have been reds, and after watching the Albion Liverpool game from the 80s it does make you think what has happened to the game. I know there needs to be some protection but after watching Souness and Moses kicking lumps out of each other over a drop ball it does make me think it is a different game entirely to the one I grew up with and played.

RE: Snodgrass incident. - coxy134 - 02-08-2021

we debated this yesterday, I thought Snodgrass was possibly more intentional but worse than Perriera's. Maybe Perriera's was a little later into the challenge?