WBAUnofficial
Trump and this vacccine - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Politics (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Trump and this vacccine (/showthread.php?tid=13649)

Pages: 1 2 3

Trump and this vacccine - keef - 11-09-2020

If this news was to have been released last monday  whould he have won the election

RE: Trump and this vacccine - The liquidator - 11-09-2020

Oh yes they held it back and they think there was no dark forces in the back ground.

RE: Trump and this vacccine - keef - 11-09-2020

i did not realise when i posted this thread
but i have just heard on bbc that the company is American owned

RE: Trump and this vacccine - keef - 11-09-2020

i did not realise when i posted this thread
but i have  just heard on bbc that the company is American owned  Big Grin

RE: Trump and this vacccine - Ossian - 11-09-2020

Well, if the reports in the US media have been any kind of guide a Biden victory would see "Congress poised to enact unprecedented reforms to the way Americans pay for prescription drugs — reforms that would likely slash drug industry revenues...". That's from the non-partisan STAT site.

Unlikely, if that's really the case, that Pfizer would be suppressing a vaccine release and their own share price to facilitate a Democrat win.

Edit: That said, 2020 is the first year since Obama's re-election year that Pfizer's donations to The Democrats have exceeded those to The Republicans; most of it to committees and action groups (Pacs), rather than direct contributions to campaign funds.

RE: Trump and this vacccine - Shabby Russian - 11-09-2020

(11-09-2020, 07:39 PM)Ossian Wrote: Well, if the reports in the US media have been any kind of guide a Biden victory would see "Congress poised to enact unprecedented reforms to the way Americans pay for prescription drugs — reforms that would likely slash drug industry revenues...". That's from the non-partisan STAT site.

Unlikely, if that's really the case, that Pfizer would be suppressing a vaccine release and their own share price to facilitate a Democrat win.

Good point.

Also not sure that covid was a crucial factor in this election. If it had been then you would have thought that Florida would have gone to Biden, but it was a bellweather state where Trump increased his share of the vote.

I do wonder if a policeman hadn't put his knee on the back of George Floyd's neck, until he died, whether Biden would have won.

How many people became more determined to vote in this election because of that event.

RE: Trump and this vacccine - Ted Maul - 11-09-2020

(11-09-2020, 07:51 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 07:39 PM)Ossian Wrote: Well, if the reports in the US media have been any kind of guide a Biden victory would see "Congress poised to enact unprecedented reforms to the way Americans pay for prescription drugs — reforms that would likely slash drug industry revenues...". That's from the non-partisan STAT site.

Good point.

Also not sure that covid was a crucial factor in this election. If it had been then you would have thought that Florida would have gone to Biden, but it was a bellweather state where Trump increased his share of the vote.

I do wonder if a policeman hadn't put his knee on the back of George Floyd's neck, until he died, whether Biden would have won.

How many people became more determined to vote in this election because of that event.

Bringing it back to the actions of a couple of rogue police officers is a very simplistic way of viewing it. If Trump hadn't spend the last four years pushing his authoritarian, "bad folks on both sides", "proud boys stand by" narrative then Biden might have had a tougher time getting rid of him. 

The criminals who killed George Floyd and those who killed Breonna Taylor we're emboldened by the actions of the President.

RE: Trump and this vacccine - Protheroe - 11-09-2020

It's quite amusing that Pence claimed credit today for contributing Federal funding to Pfizer's work.

Pfizer didn't receive any Federal fudning.

RE: Trump and this vacccine - Duffers - 11-09-2020

(11-09-2020, 09:20 PM)Protheroe Wrote: It's quite amusing that Pence claimed credit today for contributing Federal funding to Pfizer's work.

Pfizer didn't receive any Federal fudning.

No, and they’ve gone out of their way to make that clear.

RE: Trump and this vacccine - Fido - 11-10-2020

(11-09-2020, 07:56 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 07:51 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

Good point.

Bringing it back to the actions of a couple of rogue police officers is a very simplistic way of viewing it. If Trump hadn't spend the last four years pushing his authoritarian, "bad folks on both sides", "proud boys stand by" narrative then Biden might have had a tougher time getting rid of him. 

The criminals who killed George Floyd and those who killed Breonna Taylor we're emboldened by the actions of the President.

There are lots of these incidents that go on like this in the US but this was one that gained enormous traction. Pictures paint a thousand words and mainly off the back of that one incident the BLM cause really took off. Being a Trump supporter is effectively saying you are against this movement and I've no doubt it will have emboldened many who wouldn't usually have voted to vote.