WBAUnofficial
Non-essential shops can re-open from mid June - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Non-essential shops can re-open from mid June (/showthread.php?tid=10482)

Pages: 1 2

Non-essential shops can re-open from mid June - Fulham Fallout - 05-26-2020

With holidays off the agenda for this summer and no evenings out on the horizon either, I really can’t see the demand will be there for people to flock to the shops once re-opened.

RE: Non-essential shops can re-open from mid June - Fido - 05-26-2020

I think summer holidays will be on the agenda. I wouldn't be comfortable taking a flight anywhere but would consider a road trip to France or Italy by car. Whether I could remortgage the house to fund a villa with pool for two weeks is perhaps another thing!

RE: Non-essential shops can re-open from mid June - MassDebater - 05-26-2020

I know several women that will flock to practically any shops once they're open. It's like a drug to them.

RE: Non-essential shops can re-open from mid June - Fulham Fallout - 05-26-2020

(05-26-2020, 07:23 AM)MassDebater Wrote: I know several women that will flock to practically any shops once they're open. It's like a drug to them.

But isn’t part of that shopping experience to go and have lunch or a coffee afterwards?

(05-26-2020, 07:22 AM)Fido Wrote: I think summer holidays will be on the agenda. I wouldn't be comfortable taking a flight anywhere but would consider a road trip to France or Italy by car. Whether I could remortgage the house to fund a villa with pool for two weeks is perhaps another thing!

28 day self isolation if you want to go to France

14 days isolation on arrival in France
14 days isolation upon return to the UK

I guess no one will be going on a booze cruise to France this summer!! Big Grin

That’s as of today though. Come end of July that’ll probably be a different story, especially with countries opening borders on a seemingly daily basis.

RE: Non-essential shops can re-open from mid June - Kit Kat Chunky - 05-26-2020

(05-26-2020, 07:40 AM)Fido Wrote: That’s as of today though. Come end of July that’ll probably be a different story, especially with countries opening borders on a seemingly daily basis.

If this happens (and it could) there will be mass panic.

RE: Non-essential shops can re-open from mid June - Fulham Fallout - 05-26-2020

(05-26-2020, 07:40 AM)Fido Wrote: That’s as of today though. Come end of July that’ll probably be a different story, especially with countries opening borders on a seemingly daily basis.

Without turning this into a political thread, it’ll have to be more egg on face to reverse a decision implemented to prevent a second wave.  Everyone else did it in an attempt to reduce the first wave.

Greece is off the map for this summer for UK tourists.

RE: Non-essential shops can re-open from mid June - ChamonixBaggie - 05-26-2020

France have said they're "ready" to enter a reciprocal arrangement with the UK regarding quarantine. Its the UK that are current insisting on it (despite previously agreeing not to have one....). We've certainly seen tourists coming back here in no small numbers over the recent public holiday.

RE: Non-essential shops can re-open from mid June - billybassett - 05-26-2020

Spend your money in the UK folks...

(05-26-2020, 08:27 AM)billybassett Wrote: Spend your money in the UK folks...

If the weather's like this in August I'd be more than happy to!