WBAUnofficial
UK Covid death toll - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Politics (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: UK Covid death toll (/showthread.php?tid=10162)

RE: UK Covid death toll - Protheroe - 12-10-2020

(12-10-2020, 08:58 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 08:18 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 06:17 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: What is truly baffling is people who buy dodgy drugs from scummy dealers and yet are sceptical of taking a vaccine. Welcome to 2020!

Crikey, I agree with Derek.

A great argument for the regulation and decriminalisation of drugs, here.

Crikey, I agree with Ted.

RE: UK Covid death toll - Brentbaggie - 12-10-2020

Keep taking the tablets.

RE: UK Covid death toll - Ted Maul - 12-10-2020

(12-10-2020, 09:54 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 08:58 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 08:18 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 06:17 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: What is truly baffling is people who buy dodgy drugs from scummy dealers and yet are sceptical of taking a vaccine. Welcome to 2020!

Crikey, I agree with Derek.

A great argument for the regulation and decriminalisation of drugs, here.

Crikey, I agree with Ted.

Merry Christmas. We really are at the end of the world.

RE: UK Covid death toll - baggy1 - 12-10-2020

The weekly hospitalised figures are out and in England there are 12,419 as of yesterday (9th Nov) which is pretty much the same as last week (1.01 x pw). Unfortunately the lockdown has only flattened the curve and not had time to reduce it. I'm reading in the press that cases in London are going up which is a concern on two fronts, firstly because it is obviously the densest populated area of the country, but also I was hoping that as London had taken the biggest hit earlier in the year they may have built up some immunity to it as they seem to have avoided the 2nd wave so far.

Looking around Europe this is everywhere and we really are heading into the worst period for this so just keep doing the right things and be careful. If this takes off at the rate that it was before lockdown then it won't be pleasant.

RE: UK Covid death toll - Protheroe - 12-10-2020

<Opens popcorn in anticipation of ONS estimate>

RE: UK Covid death toll - baggy1 - 12-10-2020

(12-10-2020, 06:04 PM)Protheroe Wrote: <Opens popcorn in anticipation of ONS estimate>

Never bothered with it, it seems idiotic to complain that an estimate was wrongly estimated. I've tended to look at the trends and watch them progress.

RE: UK Covid death toll - Baggie_Nick - 12-10-2020

(12-10-2020, 04:47 PM)baggy1 Wrote: The weekly hospitalised figures are out and in England there are 12,419 as of yesterday (9th Nov) which is pretty much the same as last week (1.01 x pw). Unfortunately the lockdown has only flattened the curve and not had time to reduce it. I'm reading in the press that cases in London are going up which is a concern on two fronts, firstly because it is obviously the densest populated area of the country, but also I was hoping that as London had taken the biggest hit earlier in the year they may have built up some immunity to it as they seem to have avoided the 2nd wave so far.

Looking around Europe this is everywhere and we really are heading into the worst period for this so just keep doing the right things and be careful. If this takes off at the rate that it was before lockdown then it won't be pleasant.

Yes listened to Hancock who's seems terrified about London and its plummet into tier 3 and is desperate to get all school kids tested there as he stated that they won't close schools.

Wish he'd have done that around here in Sandwell when our cases were shooting as many have been forced to close for weeks on end.

We were also promised mass testing a we are in tier three - no sign as yet.

RE: UK Covid death toll - Derek Hardballs - 12-10-2020

The general rule is for them to make huge undeliverable promises and then fail to deliver them. Then hope the tsunami of broken promises are missed in a sea of failure. It works some in here for example would still vote for them.

RE: UK Covid death toll - Protheroe - 12-11-2020

(12-10-2020, 06:37 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 06:04 PM)Protheroe Wrote: <Opens popcorn in anticipation of ONS estimate>

Never bothered with it, it seems idiotic to complain that an estimate was wrongly estimated. I've tended to look at the trends and watch them progress.

It's a pity the ONS didn't do the same.

RE: UK Covid death toll - baggy1 - 12-11-2020

(12-11-2020, 09:22 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 06:37 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

It's a pity the ONS didn't do the same.

It's just a stat for predicting what might happen but the covidiots are leaping on it to give some substance to their arguments. 

There are some worrying signs at the moment with London increasing again, I was hoping that, as they had been through it once, they had built up some immunity and wouldn't be hit again when it moved back down the country. It really isn't rocket science, this second wave started in the north and has moved down the country through the midlands and has started to show in the South. It spreads where people make contact, anyone who thinks this is something to take lightly is a moron, businesses will recover or start up again where there is a need, pubs will reopen, people will get new jobs but you can't raise the dead and no amount of 'they were old anyway' justifies risking their choice to want to live to see things when it gets back to normal, which it will.